Med. Dark Purple Metallic

Looking for yet another Pontiac Forum....

Okay, here's yet another test for you guys...

You all provided me with a quick response when I was looking for a second-gen site after I found a nice original factory eight-track player at the salvage yard... and I was able to make some Formula 455HO owner very happy (he actually had it fully cleaned and cosmetically restored -- and sent me a picture of it --- all within three hours of receiving it!). Now, I am looking for a NATIONAL forum for Fiero owners. Just did a quick search and all I could see was individual state clubs.

I found a Fiero GT far in the back of my local do-it-yourself salvage yard today in absolutely amazing condition -- maybe the best condition car I've ever seen in any salvage yard in thirty years. It was like someone drove it there from a POCI convention (dare I say it was in better shape than most I've seen at shows...?) I actually gasped out loud when I dropped my greasy toolbox on the driver's seat as I opened the door and realized the entire interior was like showroom new -- and a great golden tan color. The exterior was almost as good and maybe a rare color ---- a copper-orange, but non-metallic (a final-year color?). Dusty and unwaxed, but looked like a wash and wax would have it presentable at the national POCI convention. Even the original mesh/snowflake wheels were still on and like new.

These SoCal 'yards are amazing!

BTW, the two early fourth-gen Birds were quickly stripped --- of course, headlight gears, window motors, exhaust, radiators, and wheels all went quickly. I still have one of the nice glass hatch roof panels from one for sale, but can't remember right now if it's right side or left yet. Should have grabbed the factory alloy wheels --- they were mint on one, with new tires.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

So what kind of forum are you looking for now?

Med. Dark Purple Metallic

I know,--- I tend to be kind of wordy. Fiero forum. I just watched an '87 GT in excellent body and interior condition be crushed by the local do-it-yourself salvage yard because I couldn't find one decent national Fiero club in a Google search.

If anyone wants to chime in about how POCI is impenetrable to non-members, feel free. I can't tell you the number of times I have found vintage Ponchos in 'yards but was unable to contact their forum. Shouldn't have to join and pay dues just to provide free info to their members..

Thread Information