Thread: Obd ii help

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Obd ii help

I have 2 pass OBDII because my inspection ran out. I have Pacesetter Longtubes, ORY, and sims (POS), neways scanned it on handheld diagnostics and it was fine no code what so ever. Car has NEVER been tuned.

Then I take to inspection center and its failing the following codes:

1.Catalytic Convertor Efficiency (figured it would)
    2. But also Evaporative Emissions (surprised becasue I have headers with EGR hookups)

3. And also O2 heater sensor failed. (no clue why)

Mail order tune delete all these, permanetely. So they would inspect my car? The guy said that I only had to pass 2 of the 3.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    I have 2 pass OBDII because my inspection ran out. I have Pacesetter Longtubes, ORY, and sims (POS), neways scanned it on handheld diagnostics and it was fine no code what so ever. Car has NEVER been tuned.

Then I take to inspection center and its failing the following codes:

1.Catalytic Convertor Efficiency (figured it would)
    2. But also Evaporative Emissions (surprised becasue I have headers with EGR hookups)

3. And also O2 heater sensor failed. (no clue why)

Mail order tune delete all these, permanetely. So they would inspect my car? The guy said that I only had to pass 2 of the 3.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ryan
    yup a mail order will take carr of the (low cat) and o2 heater, but not your evap, check the hose going to your canister, plug for the solenoid, and fliter

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

so wait, you can get tuned so that those errors dont show up when you get inspected? nice.

here in texas they give your car a walk around, make sure the headlights, blinkers, horn, and brakes work, and your good to go, lol

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    so wait, you can get tuned so that those errors dont show up when you get inspected? nice.

here in texas they give your car a walk around, make sure the headlights, blinkers, horn, and brakes work, and your good to go, lol
    yup, basicly you tell the computer to ignore the sensors nomatter what reading (if any) they are giving off

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    yup a mail order will take carr of the (low cat) and o2 heater, but not your evap, check the hose going to your canister, plug for the solenoid, and fliter
    What canister exactly, sorry but I don't know much when it comes to an evap system.

Silver
    1998 hardtop SS

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK2K View Post
    What canister exactly, sorry but I don't know much when it comes to an evap system.
    evap codes are most commonly caused by a loose or defective gas cap actually. (depending on the code thrown... small or large leak) I would see if you can retrieve some codes from the car and go from there...

one other thing... is the car's CEL actually on, or did you fail because of incomplete readiness tests? sounds like readiness, not a CEL.
    Last edited by km346; 03-25-2009 at 07:08 AM.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post

I wish...

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    evap codes are most commonly caused by a loose or defective gas cap actually. (depending on the code thrown... small or large leak) I would see if you can retrieve some codes from the car and go from there...

one other thing... is the car's CEL actually on, or did you fail because of incomplete readiness tests? sounds like readiness, not a CEL.
    It just failed the readiness test. Where's a good place to start searching for the small leak, I heard it could take forever and is hard to track down.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

anyone?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

like stated above......the evap issue could be something as minor as your gas cap. need to see what the actual code is. Heater codes come with LT's. It'll come and go. Your sims must not be working if you're still throwing effeciency codes.

Thread Information