Page 258 of 356 FirstFirst ... 858108158208218228238254255256257258259260261262278288298308 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 7102

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Well you might consider changing the fluid with something with the additive mine did something similar and stopped when I changed it.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by fws98ws6tt View Post
    looks like I'm finally having to replace or rebuild the 10 bolt, I've been cranking it but haven't been driving it for about 2 months so hubby said he would drive it so he took off and came right back saying it sounded like something was loose when you turn left so I took off in it and it does sound like that but I jacked it up and could not find anything loose, I would have to say that the pinion seal is leaking for a while now but I keep the fluid full, but it has 102.000 on it and had twin turbos at one time and was at the drag strip more than a few times so I guess now I'll check the u joints then go and take off the cover and see how much metal is on the magnet, it's a 6 speed this is also 2nd motor waste gate stuck and boom went the 1st motor so bought a 2000 corvette motor it only has 23,438 miles on it, unfortunately, the rest of the car has over 100,000 on it, so off to the drawing board. thanks for reading my ranting, everyone have a good day!

While on stands, leave the wheel on for this part. Try moving the wheel side to side, up or down. If movement it might just be an axle hub bearing.

Black/ Silver

Pulled the trigger on some race star wheels 17x4.5 front and 15x10 rear. I just need to figure out tires now.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Brought the Trans Am down from the building after lunch and gave it a bath. Going to drive it a bit this week.

Black/ Silver

Alright so I decided on getting some Mickey Thompson ET Treat S/S 28/12.50r15 tires for the back and Sportsman SR 26/6.0r17 for the front. Should run about $800 to my door but I should be good on traction for when I take the car to the track for the first time after the 421.

Navy Blue Metallic

Gone for me are the days of having a candle in the headlights (or how it feels like).

My outside lights are fully LED and HID. A how to thread will be done later this week.

Old vs New

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Nice SMWS6TA. The output will certainly be enhanced. I would like to do projector retrofits to mine.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Gone for me are the days of having a candle in the headlights (or how it feels like).

My outside lights are fully LED and HID. A how to thread will be done later this week.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Old vs New
    Click for full size
    I love it. This is on my list of "most useful" mods... just a matter of getting that far down my list of priorities. :P
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Brought the Trans Am down from the building after lunch and gave it a bath. Going to drive it a bit this week.
    Me too! FINALLY!

Monster twin disc installed...long story! AWESOME customer service! I can't say enough good things about Steve Addison! Just AWESOME!

New this spring/summer: poly motor and trans mounts, UMI Trans x-member wither mount for the UNI TA, American Racing Headers (1 7/8"), ARH catted-Y, Borla exhaust with DMH cutout(love the sound of the exhaust through the muffler...old school!), new/reconditioned computer with Frost tune, no more EGR/AIR)

Car is running AWESOME! 100 more miles to go breaking in the clutch and then time for some tire-shredding!

Giddy like a schoolgirl on prom night! (8-P
    Long ago...

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I love it. This is on my list of "most useful" mods... just a matter of getting that far down my list of priorities. :P
    Made a how to thread and sticky so when you ready it's here for you.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/how-bri...id-led-185822/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

John - nice work! Certainly have piled on the improvements to your car over the past several months. Don't forget the Chilson-Wilcox event in Gang Mills -- Friday evening before Labor Day. We'll all be there.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Popped the tops and drove the Trans Am to the cruise in last night. Kind of a light turnout as the weather forecast was a bit iffy and it was quite cloudy.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I lowered mine with a lightly pre-owned setup ( Eibach prokit springs, Bilstein HD shocks ). It rode rough after rear spring install. Well here is my order of installments. Rear shocks ( rode fine ), rear springs ( bounces ), front assemblies ( rode slightly better but still bounced a lot ). This is straight line bouncing whenever the car is cruising or accelerating. With concerns of the pinion shaft I have gone easy on the car.

Some after installation photos.

Much too low in the front, but a perfect 'to me' rear stance.

I then installed my on-car adjustable panhard bar ( UMI ), spent some time with my measurements. The car drove much nicer and didn't feel like it drifted badly anymore. Big difference!

Now tonight I went up to Jeff's place ( with Zack too ) and we put in my subframe connectors ( UMI 2pt bolt-in ) and he had some 1/4" aluminum spacers for the front shock assemblies. Getting my car high enough to get the lift arms under it was interesting in its own. We ended up driving over two blocks of wood and Zack lifted the front right from the engine day for the front right arm to get under the car. It was interesting with the three of us working to pull down the wheel enough to gain clearance for the spacers to slide in. I was hanging on the wheels with all the 170lbs I could dangle down with while Jeff and Zack made clearances and guided them in place .

A couple shots of my car on Jeff's blocks he built when he did his 3 points. Sits the car perfectly on its own weight to properly do the SFCs.

We installed the front spacers first. They made the front end sit level with the rear. I am very pleased with the look. The subframe connectors make the car feel more rugged and stronger from just how it feels closing the doors, to taking a tighter turn going down the road. They say the cars should have came factory with them, certainly so! I'm grateful for Pajeff's helping hands and know-how.

In my garage tonight.

I was an extraordinary genius and left my phone on the spoiler as we lifted the car to start the bolts for the SFCs so there isn't an under-carriage shot. So this will have to do.

Now remember the bouncing coming from the rear? After doing this to the car tonight it rides smooth and bounces very little. It almost feels stock again, just a little firmer ( a good thing ) and not sloppy, much more controlled feeling. Now I love the setup. The front being that low must have had the driveshaft at a real bad angle. It was damn close to slammed however. I am glad Jeff had these spacers. I was considering going back to stock. Jeff measured the pinion angles and he came up with a down angle 0.7. Next part will be an adjustable torque arm with drive-shaft safety loop. Of coarse, it will be UMI.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Damn... that car looks hot!

So clean!

Black/ Silver

Can't wait to get these on with tires!They are really light I swear two are lighter than one wheel of the wheels I previously had.

Navy Blue Metallic

Ordered a new fuel pump assembly. GD fuel gremlin is back.... It's gotta be in the tank because I've replaced all the out side of the tank electrical.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

The pump was part of your build, right?

Navy Blue Metallic

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

I have a Racetronix pump but have been having a random cutout of the pump. Not sure what is the issue, so I'm starting fresh. I think it's something in the wire harness it's self but I can't seem to lock in on it.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Just got it so researching convertible subframe connectors and finding a front plate insert for an 01.

Got a feeling a lot will be done with this car shortly since discovering some of the threads here
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Navy Blue Metallic

Welcome to the site, feel free to ask questions, we got a great bunch of ppl here that are willing to help.

Check in the General Help section we have a thread that holds a lot of fix it threads that might help you.

Page 258 of 356 FirstFirst ... 858108158208218228238254255256257258259260261262278288298308 ... LastLast

Thread Information