Page 253 of 356 FirstFirst ... 353103153203213223233249250251252253254255256257273283293303353 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 7102

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Ordered new clutch packs for my 8.8.

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Thks Gents !
    Hey BobbyG, we can see your blue wheels on your Avatar !! I gotta update mine as well.
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

I'm officially registered for the GM Carlisle event in June. Can't believe I did it before the discount expired .. it's usually what I do

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have a new girlfriend and have been enjoying the car with her some. Her father's dog jumped up on it and scratched my passenger side door however, that sucked. Otherwise I love the way her and the car look hahah!

2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats! Good to see you happy.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Beautiful lady with a good look'n car, sorry to hear about the scratches on the passenger door.

But I do have one question, whos idea was it to "reverse" the last picture?
    What tip me off was the WS6 is backwards and on the drivers side of the car, then I noticed the ladys dress goes over her right shoulder and then I noticed her hair is parted on the other side but what really tip me off was that the antenna appears to be on the drivers side of the car.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Beautiful lady with a good look'n car, sorry to hear about the scratches on the passenger door.

But I do have one question, whos idea was it to "reverse" the last picture?
    What tip me off was the WS6 is backwards and on the drivers side of the car, then I noticed the ladys dress goes over her right shoulder and then I noticed her hair is parted on the other side but what really tip me off was that the antenna appears to be on the drivers side of the car.
    I figured someone would notice. She has an Iphone ( i'm an android guy ) and I give her heck for it at times. Her 'self portrait' mode reverses everything. On my phone ( samsung s6 edge + ) does not have that issue, and it takes better pics

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

My iPhone doesn't do that. The "preview" as I'm taking a pic looks like I'm looking in a mirror (reversed), but the actual saved image is correct. For example, I can read the words on my shirt
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

There were some tiny white dots on my passenger side rearview mirror, and I took a razor blade to it to remove them. Wrong choice! The razor scratched the 'glass' and everytime the sun would hit it they would reflect. So, I ordered a new glass, got it quick from Ebay, took the old one off(had to pull it very firmly after positioning it so I could see myself), then after I got it off, had to crack the 'glass', then clean all the stickum stuff off of the mirror mount(scraper, GooGone, wire brush, and more GooGone, then soap and water/dawn and a scrub brush, then rubbing alcohol) The new mirror came with OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR etched just like the OEM. It also came with two, 2" diameter sticky pads to adhere the mirror to the mirror mount. Then reinstalled it in the rearview mirror, which was challenging. Have to get everything lined up and then press very firmly. Thought I was going to break it, but thank God I didn't!! Looks like new. I'd have a pic, but y'all know what a rearview mirror looks like!!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Glad you were able to fix it. I scrape glass all the time with a razor blade -- paint cleanup, inspection stickers, track decals, and have never had an issue. Must be the mirror face is a softer glass?

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Did you use a soap solution? Johnsons baby shampoo mixed with distilled water is best and cost effective. #1 window tint application solution. A bare dry blade will lead to disaster everytime.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Yes, I was talking to a mechanic the other day, and he said the glass on the rearview mirrors was a softer glass. He said I should have used a plastic razor blade instead of a metal blade. Live and Learn!! I'm like you Jeff, I've scraped decals off of my windshield from previous owners and it didn't scratch at all. I just figured it would be the same on the rearview mirrors!

Well, one thing for certain, Darren, I won't be doing that again, unless I use your mixture, or a plastic razor blade! Thanks!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    I have a new girlfriend and have been enjoying the car with her some. Her father's dog jumped up on it and scratched my passenger side door however, that sucked. Otherwise I love the way her and the car look hahah!

Click for full size

Click for full size

She seems very happy to be with you and getting a ride in your car!

She's a smart girl!

Click for full size

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    There were some tiny white dots on my passenger side rearview mirror, and I took a razor blade to it to remove them. Wrong choice! The razor scratched the 'glass' and everytime the sun would hit it they would reflect. So, I ordered a new glass, got it quick from Ebay, took the old one off(had to pull it very firmly after positioning it so I could see myself), then after I got it off, had to crack the 'glass', then clean all the stickum stuff off of the mirror mount(scraper, GooGone, wire brush, and more GooGone, then soap and water/dawn and a scrub brush, then rubbing alcohol) The new mirror came with OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR etched just like the OEM. It also came with two, 2" diameter sticky pads to adhere the mirror to the mirror mount. Then reinstalled it in the rearview mirror, which was challenging. Have to get everything lined up and then press very firmly. Thought I was going to break it, but thank God I didn't!! Looks like new. I'd have a pic, but y'all know what a rearview mirror looks like!!

I've replaced some sideview mirrors before, and had the passenger side custom etched to say "Objects in mirror are about to disappear" lol.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I replaced my drivers side motor mount, transmission mount, O2 sensors on the headers (Bank 1 was slow) and bought/installed the Dorman WS6 intake. I have to say, after everyone has said that the motor mounts are a real PITA to replace with long tube headers, it really wasn't that much of a challenge. Maybe it helps I've been a mechanic all my life and I had a lift. The passenger side could be harder, IDK, but yes it would be a lot easier to change the mounts when the exhaust is missing.

I'm happy with the Dorman, I did do some porting and had to clean up some internal runner blockages, and she now pulls with more urgency over about 3500 RPM. Hard to feel the ~12 HP gain, but I'd be happy to dyno the two intakes if someone pays me to R&R the intakes and the dyno time lol.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Had a busy day.. 2 oil changes and clutch pack swap on the 8.8.

Good news on the bird's oil change.....no metal or trash in the filter. Wasn't expecting any but with my luck and this a fresh build...well anything possible.

Clutch pack swap.

Everything went ok till installing the new s spring. It's new and beefier then the oem one.

So here's with the old...

Here's a comparison between old and new. There was no material on the old clutch fiber.

The one on the right was next to the gear, they changed the order on the new pack to where steel goes there instead of the fiber.

These are suppose to be 2 pieces but are now fused into one

Here's the biggest comparison...

old

New

Success...

And I did a breakin burn out to test it. Smokes both wheels Also I notice less noise and instant posi lock traction.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Drove it to work, crawled out and wondered why am I still driving this car.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Been working on these coil covers, they are definitely made for LS motors but definitely not the T/A so after what seems like a thousand test fits they are on. Now final sanding to clean up edges and remove scratches then I'm applying a coating I got from Eastwood to protect them. I will be back with the finished product shortly.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    Drove it to work, crawled out and wondered why am I still driving this car.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Oh it just makes me feel old trying to get out of this thing sometimes. Falling into it and hitting the fast pedal is what makes it worth it

Page 253 of 356 FirstFirst ... 353103153203213223233249250251252253254255256257273283293303353 ... LastLast

Thread Information