Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You tell me

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You tell me

So I have been looking for some new wheels and came across some zr-1's. The guy said they had some deposits on the inner parts behind the chrome and I thought no big deal, for $500 i'll clean them. After I drove 40mins to pick them up he hadn't mentioned 2 rims were nicked the right rear was fucked. This deal included me giving him some rollers so the 40mins did not include me dismounting my old wheels to trade him. So I declined after the fact and that was that then he posts a thread on the local sight saying this

I have some Chrome ZR1's with Tires. They are the 17x11 rears with 315 tires and 17x95 with 275 fronts. The tires are practically brand new 75/85 tread left, no curbing or rash. The front right rim has a small amount of pitting on the inside of the rim, no big deal. I want $500 plus a swap for some rollers. Sorry not looking for any trades, I'm parting out a car and need to roll it around, dont care if they are bald.. just need to hold air.

I give him a pm telling him he needs to be up front with the condition and in short he tells me to get a life. He then edits it to say this
    http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/show...865#post768865

So set me straight am I in the wrong telling him to be honest after I spent gas and time for something he was dishonest about?
    Last edited by c5z28; 03-09-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Well, if it were me, I'd have waited for the pics. But, I don't think you were wrong pointing out what was wrong if he was not going to disclose it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I would have waited for pics of the wheels before I wasted the time and gas driving to pick them up, then being disappointed.

This made me

"The tires are practically brand new 75/85 tread left"

How the fuck is something practically brand new with 75-85% tread left

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You know what he did say he would get me pics and I got impatient. I told him tell me if there is anything wrong with them and I will take your word for it. He told me about the deposits but said the chrome is good. I swear it looked like someone got violent trying to find the bolts in 4 of the 5 slots on the rear rim. And then telling me to mind my own business after I discreetly take it to pm that ass hat.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Oe wheels llc.. Just sayin'

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

yea sure you should have waited for pics, but what quality of pics would he have posted? how good is he at photoshop or other editing software? in todays world the wasted gas could have saved you more than you know.

I do have to say this though. YOUR SO ANAL

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Oe wheels llc.. Just sayin'
    If I can see some pics of dd y2k's you better believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    yea sure you should have waited for pics, but what quality of pics would he have posted? how good is he at photoshop or other editing software? in todays world the wasted gas could have saved you more than you know.

I do have to say this though. YOUR SO ANAL
    I either had to laugh or I was going to get violent in front of his house

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Oh and fuck chrome wheels, they peel like mad on the inside of the rim bead seat. there is no way to tell until they start leaking at the bead and you break them down to see the rim corroding and chrome peling off because of it. I cannot begin to tell you how many rims Cammed and I seen that done this.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Oh and fuck chrome wheels, they peel like mad on the inside of the rim bead seat. there is no way to tell until they start leaking at the bead and you break them down to see the rim corroding and chrome peling off because of it. I cannot begin to tell you how many rims Cammed and I seen that done this.
    I may give polished another try it's just such a bitch to keep those micro scratches at bay. Being cheaper is a def anent plus.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    If I can see some pics of dd y2k's you better believe it.

I either had to laugh or I was going to get violent in front of his house
    $497 for a set of four 17x9.5's and 18x10.5's out back. They are way more choices on that site too http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Camaro-Wh...02053-3-1.html

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    $497 for a set of four 17x9.5's and 18x10.5's out back. They are way more choices on that site too http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Camaro-Wh...02053-3-1.html
    believe me I have looked through everything, there sight, there oe wheels thread, and talked to oe wheels themselves. I want the 17"'s all around or just zr-1's. At any rate back to who is the asshole-in this particular situation.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Yeah you'd be stuck with 17x9.5's

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

believe me I have looked through everything, there sight, there oe wheels thread, and talked to oe wheels themselves. I want the 17"'s all around or just zr-1's. At any rate back to who is the asshole-in this particular situation.
    Do you want me to be honest.. It was not the seller..

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Do you want me to be honest.. It was not the seller..
    Tell me your stance

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

lol, your jew...... i mean true colors showing through. haha. I would have been mad to though. But hey at least you got to spend some quality time with you car...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    lol, your jew...... i mean true colors showing through. haha. I would have been mad to though. But hey at least you got to spend some quality time with you car...
    Don't be anti semitic

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Tell me your stance
    Okay he is asking $500 for ZR1's to begin with. That would make me wonder period I would wait for photos. He states the tread is 75/85, well thats his word without photos. He states the right rim has pitting, again this is without photos. Even with all you mention they sound like $500 ZR1's. You went there thinking they were more than what they were. You may think they are less than $500. But without photos $500 ZR1's have to have issues. If they were clean solid ZR1's I think he would ask alot more. If you told me he was asking $800 to 1k I would agree with you.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 03-09-2010 at 09:47 PM.

black
    98 WS6

Oaklamd?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think Thunder just called you anal

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Okay he is asking $500 for ZR1's to begin with. That would make me wonder period I would wait for photos. He states the tread is 75/85, well thats his word without photos. He states the right rim has pitting, again this is without photos. Even with all you mention they sound like $500 ZR1's. You went there thinking they were more than what they were. You may think they are less than $500. But without photos $500 ZR1's have to have issues. If they were clean solid ZR1's I think he would ask alot more. If you told me he was asking $800 to 1k I would agree with you.
    His original posting was on craigslist and he said there was no problems, I then talked over the phone and he said the chrome was fine but there was those deposits. He called me that day I went to go get them and said someone was going to buy them that day if I didn't so since we already discussed the supposed condition I said I would be there that day. This thread on norcal is a week after I already drove there. If you look he has edited his original posts-more than once. And if you look he did not edit it where it said no curbing or rash in his post now this is a week after I already found this out. He gave me his word on the condition of the wheels, just because he is asking a low price doesn't justify him lying and me wasting my time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information