Thread: Sad Sad Day

Sad Sad Day

Hi all, another newb. Anyways, I was taking a road trip and wrecked my camaro. I will be trying to fix this myself primarily and came across ls1.com. Seems like a good source so I am sure I will be browsing the forums quite a bit.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

AWWWWWW man!!! I hate to hear that. I think you will find alot of useful information here and alot of good people too. If you search the "parts for sale" section alot of times you can get what you need fairly cheap. After you make 10 posts on this site you will get private message privaliges. If you PM me I can give you a great used parts website that has every part there is if you need it. Good luck! and welcome.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome and good luck on fixing your car

Thanks guys for the welcome. I almost see it as a good learning experience....though a quite pricey one.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

details and pics...

welcome to the site, to bad its under these circumstances...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

White
    2001 SS #3504

welcome...

Well, the details are that I was driving from Seattle down to Colorado....caught a patch of ice in Wyoming....apparently those signs that say bridges may be icy are true. Thought I was playing it safe when I first noticed snow by tapping the brakes and then the gas to see if there was any give. There wasn't. Got up to bridge though and as the car next to me drove right through it I spun out. Caught the railing on the front driver's side (after doing a 180) and bounced and caught the back driver's side. All internals are good except a busted tie rod end. Basically a decent amount of body work or replacement and paint. I will drop some pictures on here soon. Got the car mostly disassembled already for parts that need repaired.

10's N/A

Good thing your o.k. bud! That's the most important part. I just wrecked my '93 yesterday after some lady was backing up without looking and smashed into my right fender. Luckily it's only a fender and some paint! Anyways, I will be much more alert next time i'm cruising through a parking lot.

I had something similar to that happen....I was going to throw out the trash one day and watched a lady back up into my car....luckily it only scratched the grill a little bit (the lady had a trailer hitch on it). At least her insurance gave me $500 bucks for it!

But yeah, came out with only a slight scratch on my cheek, but hey...chicks dig scars right?

pie
    free

Ouch man. Welcome to the site. Good luck with the repairs.

Ice can be a bitch. I can't believe I drove my car through the winter one year.. bought a daily driver to keep the TA safe from me and other drivers.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Welcome, nice to see another Colorado member, hope you get it back on the road soon
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Welcome! Good luck with the repairs
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Thread Information