Old time member checking back in

Hi! I was a member on this forum a long time ago when I had my firebird, but couldn't re-activate my old account. I just got my hands on a 2001 corvette, so I thought I'd try to jump back into the community.

Brief story as to how I got the car.. my father-in-law bought a corvette after he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.* It was a car he always wanted, and knew it wouldn't be long before he could drive anymore. After he wasn't able to walk, the car just sat there. I'd drive it once in a while, and take him for rides. My in-laws decided it was time to sell it.* He didn't want it to go, so decided to keep it in the family, and hand it down to me!* I was stoked! I had loved corvettes since I was a kid.

The car- 2001 pewter corvette auto trans. 46,000 miles.* Basically stock other than a Corsa exhaust. Looks like just the axle-back.. no x pipe or anything.
    Future plans as of now are to basically just keep it as-is, And enjoy cruising around. Small stuff like maybe upgrading the headlights, getting the"corvette" front plate insert, tint Windows.* It's in great condition.. but could use a complete detail.. clean the engine bay, brake calipers, etc... The small stuff that gets overlooked on basic cleanings.
    Oh, and can't forget the first thing I did.. The original owner was an asshat and put Z06 badges on it. I couldn't allow those to stay.

My daily driver is a 2012 Subaru WRX, which I don't drive that much. I've had it over 2 years, and just passed 7,000 miles. I've got a van that I use for work, and 3 kids, so the wife's pathfinder goes out for family outings.

I look forward to getting back into the swing of things around here! Now some pics!

My fleet:

Obligatory engine bay and interior post:

And finally, me at 17 years old at the NYC auto show '98 dreaming big

-Rich

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Welcome back!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Welcome back, Rich! Congratulations on getting the Vette you've always wanted. Not the way you wanted it I'm sure. Sorry about your Father-In-law's diagnosis. It was nice of him to think of you and to keep it in the family. I'm sure he knows that you'll treat it right

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Congrats and welcome back to the site!

Car looks sharp and very clean -- enjoy.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome back Rich, Nice Vette. That is what car shows are for, to get you to buy the vehicle of your dreams. I'm still dreaming of my Z06.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome back and nice looking Corvette.

Thread Information