Red
    1998 Trans Am

New Member Just bought 98 T/A A4. Tranny Problem?

I just purchased a Red 1998 Trans Am A4 with leather, Monsoon, and chrome wheels. It has 41,000 miles and is in nearly perfect condition minus blown sail speakers and a couple light scratches. I paid $10,600 for it and I believe I got a steal other than one little problem. When I shift into drive it takes about 2 seconds to fully engage where reverse only takes about 1 second. Other than that the transmission seems fine and shifts just like it should. I have heard that this can be an indicator of a tranny going out. What do you guys think? Also, has anyone tried the "improved" OEM replacement speakers for the Monsoon system? I don't want to spend a ton of money on aftermarket speakers plus I would like to keep it original if possible.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

the tranny problem may be fixed by a simple change of fluid and filter! as for the speakers, i would recomend getting some stock replacements, all in all they are pretty descent on the mid to high side but tend to blow when to much bass is applied to them, i would put bass blockers on them and install like 1 10"inch sub or 2, just to keep the stock sound without blowing the door and sail panel speakers

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Thanks. I was planning on changing all of the fluids and filters anyways so maybe that will fix it. Do you think $10,600 was a good price? Even if it wasn't one great thing about these cars is that when you buy them used they don't seem to depriciate much. I had a 93 T/A for 3 years and sold it for the same as I paid.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeagh thats a good price, i bought mine last year, for 10,000 it was a 99 ss in perfect condition, i mean just got outta the paint booth perfect, and the guy owned the dealership so i know he used factory paint, but mine had 108k, you got a smokin deal. or ssmokin lol

Thread Information