black
    1993 Z32 TT

New member - interested in LS1 conversion in Z32

Hello everyone,

I curently drive a 1993 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo and am interested in swapping the engine for an LS1 or getting another Z32, preferably non-turbo, and doing the swap. The swap will be done by someone else since I am not a car mechanic but I am very interested in car technology.

The reason why I am interested in this swap is because of the novelty factor, performance, and cost in the long run. While it is not that hard to squeeze a lot of major power from a VG30DETT engine it does come at a price. Bigger turbos are quite expensive; a turbo kit costs as much or maybe even more than a second hand LS1, and the labour involved also comes at a price.

Also, the VG30DETT is a more complicated engine than an LS1. It has 4 camshafts and 24 valves, so if something needs to be replaced, either because of wear or more output, there is more involved compared to an LS1.

In any case, I hope to learn more by reading your posts in this forum.

WHITE
    1998 T/A FIREBYRD

Quote Originally Posted by inferno_0666 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I curently drive a 1993 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo and am interested in swapping the engine for an LS1 or getting another Z32, preferably non-turbo, and doing the swap. The swap will be done by someone else since I am not a car mechanic but I am very interested in car technology.

The reason why I am interested in this swap is because of the novelty factor, performance, and cost in the long run. While it is not that hard to squeeze a lot of major power from a VG30DETT engine it does come at a price. Bigger turbos are quite expensive; a turbo kit costs as much or maybe even more than a second hand LS1, and the labour involved also comes at a price.

Also, the VG30DETT is a more complicated engine than an LS1. It has 4 camshafts and 24 valves, so if something needs to be replaced, either because of wear or more output, there is more involved compared to an LS1.

In any case, I hope to learn more by reading your posts in this forum.
    Goodluck with that buddy

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

Thread Information