GM LeMans/Luxo Blue
    2001 Firebird Formula

New member...Hello to all!!!

Just got a 1998 Trans Am convertible, almost 19 years to the day I almost got killed in a 1979 Trans Am 6.6!!!

I guess the wife figured out I was semi-mature enough to handle this one...Yea, right!!! I wasn't even driving that car, even thought it was mine. The mechanic that redid the motor was driving...To make a long story short the police report said we were doing approx. 110 mph when we left the road around a small corner and jumped up a small curb/incline and hit a telephone pole. Witness behind us said the pole went straight up and stretched and came back down, kinda like you'd see in those Wile E. Coyote cartoons.Completely jumped over another yard hitting the light pole in his yard approximately 4 feet off the ground. At some point during this I was ejected out the T-Top (wear those seat belts, kids!!) The force of landing in the next driveway slammed the car into the ground. My left hip caught the corner of the roof and slammed me back into the car with enough force to leave a pretty good imprint of my face on the dash...Oh yea, that little clip the older T-Top and convertible cars had to keep the window from going up too far??? Tore my left eyelid and part of my ear off upon exit...

Now that you are riveted I can tell you the sudden, swift and abrupt ending. Hit the house in the next yard at an angle that tore off the small front porch and metal railings and pushed in the inside of the walls in the house. We screamed through into the next yard, slamming into a 1980 Caprice and embedded it and the railings into a brand new Chevy truck, which continued on into the next house with enough force to crack the base of the foundation and managed to knock out the powe for a five mile radius. Over a quarter million dollars in damage to the neigborhood...The driver got out and ran. (in answer to the next obvious question, yes, I beat the living tar out of him twice-Figured once wasn't enough....) Most ironic thing was the tape player was playing Motorhead's "Killed by Death" that one of the paramedics had to shut off!!! Massive concussion, cracked sternum, broken nose, numerous stitches and bruise on front of brain that controlled the everyday things like counting, adding, thinking rational thoughts!!! Hello therapy!!

I'll be more carefull. I hope we all staysame from now on!! If there is a link for beaten and batterd cars I'll make sure to submit the carnage!!!

Sorry my first post is so long. Hope you all weren's bored by the story!

-Stephen

Adam
    Thats a crazy story, the most excitment i had in a trans am was when my cousin turned the TC off peeled out did a 180 went into the ditch up the other side drove down back through the ditch and flew outta the ditch got really squirrley going back onto the road and finally pulled outta it. He had to have my cousins boyfriend drive because he was shaking too much.

Adam
    Also welcome to the site.

Thread Information