Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Cool New guy in northern PA

Hello folks. New guy on the block. My name is Darren. I just joined up upon referral of a new local friend who happens to be 'pajeff02' ( I wish I knew your ID I would have listed you as a referral! ). I was fortunate to see his 2002 Trans Am at a local cruise in here in town and earlier this evening was privileged to have a ride down the road in it. Fast car!

I'll try and keep the ramble low and get to the point. A few weeks ago I got myself into a dream car since my pre-teenage years, an LS1 Trans Am WS6! It is a 2000, M6, 88k mi, T-top, silver metallic, black leather interior, mostly factory and simple. No traction control switch, no 12 disk CD changer, I am calculated 4th owner. First owner according to CarFax had it in Maryland from 58 miles up to Dec 20th, 2004 @ 52,824mi. Second owner owned also in Maryland Dec 2004 until Nov 27th, 2012 @ 86k mi. The third owner in PA owned it from March 2013 until I bought it from him May 8th 2015 at 88k and a couple miles. Clearly some good slow mileage build up for it's past! I bought it from a nice fellow in Bloomsburg, PA. I did not want it at first, but it was mildly close by and worth having a look at. Seeing it in person was indescribable. I couldn't get over how clean it looked, how spotless it appeared, and how well kept it has been in its 15 years. The silver paint shined with a great depth too! The best part is that it is all stock except for 20% tint, SLP intake lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, and matte black Ram Air hood bulge stripes. I looked at a few others, even had a bit of a frightening ride with a careless owner whom had a red 2002 for sale.. But I ended up going for the first one I looked at!

I plan a couple small things. Having only owned it for 3 weeks so far I still am getting used to it. Every day after work I pretty much have came home and parked my daily driver, and went out in the Trans Am if I went anywhere lol! The power feels great! I'm very happy to finally own one of these machines. Trans Am have always been a special car to me. I'm sure at some future point I will want more power, in which this place is perfect I have been told. Until then I'll continue to pay for it and appreciate it's factory tasteful style.

Some photos!

So there it is! As it's easy to figure out about me, I can ramble on, I enjoy the details of a vehicles specifications and/or history, and being precise on information is a bit of a issue I have which I guess isn't a bad thing. Can't wait to make some friends with folks! Thank's for checking out my car and my story!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site, Darren! It was great meeting you last night. Glad I could provide you with a little entertainment too. The vid is up on Facebook somewhere and I'll try to snag a copy.

Ladies and gents, Darren has a super clean car and knows quite a bit about the intricacies of F-bodies and LS1's. I am certain that he will be an asset to our community and, like most of us, has lots of love and respect for his new ride. Let's see if we can con him into joining us at GM Carlisle next month!

Black
    2000 Trans Am

welcome
    2000 Jet Black M6 Trans Am aka Kitte:
    SLP lid, cai kit, smooth bellows; Hawks HPS pads/slotted rotors; Centerforce D7X street/strip clutch; DDM HID conversion; Black w/ metal lip C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims; free ram air mod; Bilstein HD shocks; LTs and ORY; Magnaflow quadtip catback

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

Welcome Darren

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

New guy in northern PA

Glad you joined, I'm a local as well. I have a 78 Firebird and occasionally end up at the Thursday night cruise in. hope to see you around.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I confirmed that we have video evidence of the tire test... but as of yet have not been able to view it.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Welcome Darren, nice look'n TA.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Thanks for the welcomes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Glad you joined, I'm a local as well. I have a 78 Firebird and occasionally end up at the Thursday night cruise in. hope to see you around.
    Nice! I used to live in Millerton. Since I was a tike, to age 19. Up in the Jackson Center rd/Tower Hill rd area. I could never live up there again having my cars but it's still home to me.

I like to snag photos of the nice F-bodies I find. Would this happen to be your car? I see it has vintage NY plates though. ( Mansfield park show early 2014 )

Or would this one be? ( Mansfield Tractor Supply parking lot )

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I confirmed that we have video evidence of the tire test... but as of yet have not been able to view it.
    Nice! Can't wait to see it!

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Couple photos from last night.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The blue car in your pics is probably Leon's. He is another site member and we usually see him at the Beiter's and Chilson-Wilcox shows each year.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

New guy in northern PA

yep, blue car is Leons. super clean car. The red car is pretty clapped out, it's from Wellsboro and says 'bad bird' on the side. tacky to say the least.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Welcome to the site Darren. Nice ride.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I just saw "Bad Bird" running around Wellsboro last week and had a good chuckle. It's so... subtle.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I believe I recall it with Bad Bird on it now. Interesting haha.

When is the Beiter's show this year? Would love to have my LS1 and truck shown off in it. Back in 2013 an older fellow from NY with a red '01 or '02 WS6 allowed me to have a seat in his car. Made my day!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Beiter's show is June 27th this year.

I will email you a link to the Tyoga County Motor Club - family membership is $10.00 annually and you'll be added to the email list.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

New guy in northern PA

I've met the man from NY that you mentioned. he's actually a member here, but rarely posts.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Here's the vid finally, Darren:

I know you won't tell anyone that my friend filming was laughing because I left the traction control on by accident.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Here's the vid finally, Darren:

Click for full size

I know you won't tell anyone that my friend filming was laughing because I left the traction control on by accident.
    Lol! Nice! That sure sounds quite wicked and surprisingly not very obnoxious when inside the car. We're going to have to get some longtubes stuffed down in my engine bay!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you go to GM Carlisle next month, you can check out all the different makes and fitments for LT's.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome to the site.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information