New guy with a 6.0 xj obsession

Like the title says I have a dying need to install one of my two 6.0 motors and transmissions into my jeep Cherokee. It's strictly off road..if anyone can help lead me in the right direction to anyone on here who has done a ls or vortec swap in their xj I would really appreciate it. Looking forward to learning a lot on this site !!!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site!

As it has been 20 plus years since the intro of the LS engine, the aftermarket has pretty much covered the swap game. There are several good publications out there (Example: https://www.amazon.com/LS-Swaps-Anyt...gine+swap+book ) that answer the most common questions that people will have. First and foremost, you will need a dedicated aftermarket engine controller or factory PCM and wire harness. It is best to source the engine, harness and its PCM all in one shot if you can. As you already have two donor motors it looks like you are already on your way.

Things to consider with an LS swap - assuming you are keeping the fuel injection you will need to supply fuel at 58 psi. There are drop in pump setups that will easily do this with either internal or external regulation. Motor mounts, exhaust connections to your headers or manifolds, a transmission adapter if not running an LS mated trans, and connection to your vehicle's power steering gear, radiator and AC system are all going to require some adaptation. Pics of projects are always appreciated on here, so keep us posted on your progress.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

oil pan clearance as well.

Thread Information