Thread: A new guy

A new guy

Hello everyone, my name is Paul. I am considering buying a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6. Needs an engine. Being who I am, I will upgrade engine, transmission, and rear axle. Ofcorse complete suspension system front and rear. I'm not talking doing everything right away. I have no problem letting the car sit in the back of the garage while I acquire the aftermarket performance parts to build the car I will be happy with. Anyways, I don't have much experience with modern vehicles most of my street rods have been early 60's to mid 80's mild to wild built street rods. Been about 15 years sense my last street toy. Got into the off road 4 wheel drive beasts for a while. Now live nowhere near anyplace fun to go off roading and I got that itch to build a street rod. I am impressed with what I have read about the LS engines. Sounds like great engines for building high hp/torque with. In all honesty, 500,600 HP will be plenty for what I want to be able to do. Bigger number are nice, but I want the car to be reliable, as well as fun to drive.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome to the site! Sounds like we have a similar background -- until our '02 I was all "old school". You will be even more impressed with the LS1 once your right foot gets acquainted with the loud pedal a bit. :yup"

Thread Information