New Formula owner saying Howdy

Hey Guys, just dropped in to say that my son and I have just purchased a 2000 black NHRA Formula. I'm not sure what that is except for the power steering cooler and some badges. The car is black/black and has the cloth interior. I'm really glad about the power steering cooler because I've had my power steering overheat many times in the last 45 years that I've been driving.

The main reason we bought it was that he has been driving an Acura Integra and wearing the tires out on my 1995 Impala. (396c.i., 405 RWHP). We bought this car from a dealership and it only has 28,880 miles on it. I believe the book value is around $12,750 and we got it for $11,200 straight out.

The small block Chevy has converted one more lost soul from rice to nice. I'm sure I'll be picking some LS1 brains on here for a little more performance for him. I still think the LT1 is a better looking engine. (Had to get that in).

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

LT1 being better looking? personal opinion... haha

welcome to the site, must warn you there are some four-banger lovers here, but that just helps the "open-minded" feel of the site. haha. sounds like a nice Impala.

Metallic Blue
    2000 Trans Am WS6

welcome to the site post some pics of your car

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1963SS View Post
    Hey Guys, just dropped in to say that my son and I have just purchased a 2000 black NHRA Formula. I'm not sure what that is except for the power steering cooler and some badges. The car is black/black and has the cloth interior. I'm really glad about the power steering cooler because I've had my power steering overheat many times in the last 45 years that I've been driving.

The main reason we bought it was that he has been driving an Acura Integra and wearing the tires out on my 1995 Impala. (396c.i., 405 RWHP). We bought this car from a dealership and it only has 28,880 miles on it. I believe the book value is around $12,750 and we got it for $11,200 straight out.

The small block Chevy has converted one more lost soul from rice to nice. I'm sure I'll be picking some LS1 brains on here for a little more performance for him. I still think the LT1 is a better looking engine. (Had to get that in).
    post some pictures of the imp!!!

Well, my son has the 2000 NHRA. We just picked it up yesterday. I'll get some pics of the cute little thing posted this week. He's wanting a ram air hood and I've read about 10,927 posts on it. Which one actually fits the best?

SPAZ wanted a picture so don't flame me too hard. Here ya go.
    post some pictures of the imp!!!

[IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums
    /o100/billburgette/washpics001.jpg[/IMG]

I know it's a little bigger than the boy's Formula but I can get in the back seat. You all have a great day and this is a really nice informative forum. Thanks --Bill--

Thread Information