Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

LS1 Engine will not start and eng sens fuse blown

My LS1 engine on a 1998 Z28 will not start and the engine sensor fuse keeps blowing after the car was placed with the front end on ramps and then a hard rain occured, placing about 1/4 cup of water through the firewall and on the passenger side floow board. The engine sensor fuse blows as soon as I try to start it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have spent countless hours trying to figure this out. The car only has 50,000 miles on it, but has a majorily modified engine, transmission, rear end, and suspension. That should not effect the question since it still uses the factory computer and wiring. Thanks, Michael.

black silver
    99 z28, 81 z28

problem

i want to say its the ECM thats causing that but im not sure hopefully somebody else will chime in with more info.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Thanks. I do not have the tools to check the ECM and sensors while carnking the car and I really do not want to buy them becuase as soon as I can get it running again, I am puting the Bigstuff3 in, which I have sitting in my house. I just want to get it running before I make the change. I hope someone has dealt with the eng sens fuse blowing before and a no start condition. It is getting spark and fuel, so I was thinking along the lines of an o2 sensor or even the crankshaft sensor not sending the signal appropriately, such as in a bad wire or connection between the sensor and ECM. Anyone have any suggestions?? It has to be related to the water coming in through the passenger side of the engine compartment and onto the floor board, even though it was very little. I know there is BCm or body control module right there also. Michael.

Thread Information