artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

kinda new at this

im currently in afghanistan as a all wheel mechanic. i have been in for a little over 3 years and a friend referred to here. my experience is alright but i am always up for learning more. so is there anything anyone can give me some info on LS1 and the things that relate to it. i have a 99 firebird at home but want to get a a LS1. so any info would be appreciated. thanks

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

First of all, thanks for all that you guys do for us over there

Second of all, LS1's are the shiz, that's basically what you need to know

But seriously, they are a very dependable small block that take well to basic naturally aspirated modifications. The only drawback on F-body LS1's are the rear ends and somewhat sub par suspension, if you're into any kind of racing. Spark plugs are a bitch, header installs are a nice time to do this, frees up a lot of space, and if you get anything pre-2001, get rid of the useless EGR...I would recommend actually going 01-02 (if you plan on a Bird or Camaro), they have the LS6 intake, no EGR, and well, they're newer

Lots of info on this site, what I gave is just a sample Others may have more and better input than I.

All in all, these cars are FUN

Oh, and my avatar is a picture of my wife, so don't hit on me (LOL jlindelow)

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

They are a good all around car, nothing else will get 25+mpgs after aheads and cam. If your car is a v6 generally it is cheaper to but the v-8 version. Otherwise now is the time to buy with people selling used longblocks you could get alot of things.
    Is it a manual or auto v6?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

+1 on the thank you. LS1's are simply incredible - that about sums it up after owning our '02 for almost a year now.

Thank you for being over there : )
    Anddd, Welcome!

artic white
    2001 trans am ws6

hey, thanks for the posts, ill definitely remember the rear end thing when i buy an LS1 when i get home. im thinking about a 98 trans am thats on this site but i am not sure where else to look for these kind of cars for buying. and dont worry, i wont hit on you. lol my car is an automatic. i have drove her alot but she has never let me down. but when i think of specific questions ill be sure you ask you guys. thanks and ill talk to you later

Thread Information