Hey guys another newbie!!

Hey guys I actually drive a 05 SRT4 with tons of mods. My boy owns a 03 GTO and I busted his ass so he asked me to look into parts and stuff for his car. He had some guy trying to rip him off so I want to help him. I think they are a nice car he just doesnt know about cars. The name GTO got him so exited he bought it. Nice car but a 03 auto stock didnt get him to far stock.

Not trying to start anything with this post just stating why I am here hoping to get some good info.

Thanks guys!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

04 was the first model year for the new GTO. De-mod your car and run him stock for stock. That'd be a much better race. There are tons of easy bolt on mods for the LS1's. Check out the stickies in the general help area. Sarge has a complete bolt on list with HP gains posted there. What times are you running with your srt? Nice cars. I loved the idea behind them. Affordable car that for very few dollars can be a real street bruiser. We have a couple srt4 guys here on the board.

Isnt 03 the year they came out with the 5.7L auto??? I was pertty sure it was an 03.. I havent got the srt4 to the track yet, very soon though ordering tires this week. Havent got out there because I have 18s on the car with a 225/40 tire and the low pro kills my traction. I usually spin threw 2nd on 14psi and thats just low boost .. Thanks for the help though!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

He might have bought it near the end of 03 but it's an 04 car. The last run of GTO's were 04-06. If he doesn't know much about cars then modding it would probably be a bad idea unless he's wanting to learn. I read all the time where people have shops do installs on their cars and somethings not right with it and they don't know shit about their own car. I saw a guy ask where his spark plugs were and didn't know what they looked like. Not the proper candidate for mods.
    What mod's are on your srt?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

Welcome to the board.
    2000 SS #1827,NBM,A4,leather,t-tops,lid,eibach springs,hotchkis lca's,slp lid,slp cold air induction,slp loudmouth,baer brakes up front,13.11@107 on street tires,12.90@109 on dr's....time for the cam and intake to be installed

I have endless mods on my srt it would take a while to list. Most of the important ones are 3 inch turbo back exhaust, ported intake manifold, ported throttle body, upgraded intecooler and piping with hks BOV, upgraded wga, dtec fuel controler, fuel return kit (stock doesnt return fuel), racing motor mounts, eome more shit cant remember. Running 22 psi ( stock is 15) so thats were I get most of the power. Last time i hit the dyno I got 307/344 but that was on 19psi and a few mods ago. Like I said havent had it to the track yet. I am gonna tune it this weekend and ordering the tires to so will have some track times soon. Looking for low 8 sec 1/8. Traction will kill me. Would go slicks but still on stock clutch. Have a nitrous setup and thinking about running a 50 shot but debating as its only got 6000 miles on it and a stock clutch so. Hate to have shit sitting on block that new and paying 400 a moth for it to be broke, LOL.. If any srt4 owner need a hook up on parts or advise let me know. I have had or installed about anything so I know about all when it come to the srt4. I also have a parts guy that is great so if you need anything pm me ill hook you up..

Yeah he dont know shit about cars. I will probably be doing most of the work thats why I came on here to do lots of reading. I wont ask a them dumb newbie questions I know how to use the search, LOL.. I was just looking for some cheaper mods first stuff to get him a lil hp, then Ill make him get some cams and all that. Hes been bugging me on the rear mount turbo which I know works but looks really ineffiecient and really easy to steal, LOL. So been telling him to go supercharged. Which is hard for me, i like the no sppol feature of the superchager but turbos just have more room for improvement.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

As long as you're cool with everyone here you'll find that you'll get tons of help here for your friends car. Like I said, start with that sticky in the general help area sarge put up about bolt ons and that'll answer most of your questions right off the bat. Good luck with the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    As long as you're cool with everyone here you'll find that you'll get tons of help here for your friends car. Like I said, start with that sticky in the general help area sarge put up about bolt ons and that'll answer most of your questions right off the bat. Good luck with the cars.

Thanks man!! I will read everything

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

welcome
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information