Thread: Hey Guys

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Hey Guys

Hi to all, I got my first f-body this summer. Its a 2001 T/A with pretty much all bolt on's. I hang out in LS1Tech pretty much everyday and thought I'd check it out over here. My user name is the same over there too. Plans for the T/A changed as I was gonna do a 408 drop in with a turbo, just decided to pick up a roller instead and did so yesterday. Its a 2000 black Camaro with silver racing stripes, oposite to the T/A, hence Silver with black racing stripes ironically. So the camaro gets a forged 408 and a front mount ptk kit upgraded to a 80mm and a2w intercooler, meth, etc. I plan on supporting the T/A's bolt on mods with a cam, its got the LS6 spings in already so I think I am gonna throw a ASA cam in it and bottle feed it. Suspension is done and its got 315 MT drag radials so it hooks pretty good, also has a vig 3200 and trans shift with 3.42's. Only ran it once this year at the track, had only one pass and shut us down. Ran a 13.2 @ 103 with a shitty 2.0 60ft, so I think if I played I could have dipped into the 12's. It miss's pretty bad up top too, so it definelty needs a tune. Next year with the new cam and Maybe heads. Depening on how much the Maro project cost, but I already have a sumped steel fuel tank and braided lines etc. 9'' rear and viper spec M6 so its looking like only a few suspension parts and it will be rollin down the track. Damn though, what an expensive hobby. Funny thing is though, I jsut let my 95 GSX eclipse turbo'd/frontmount, bla, bla, bla, etc. go for half as much as it was invested in so I know all about that game. Also, owned a 98 GT which was fully stock other than a Saleen Body kit and 18'' rims, looked nice I have to admit but felt like I could get out and run faster. Had true duals and k/n but still a dog, got gears but never installed. No ambition with it, and my first car of coarse which made me come back to the best. A 1981 Cmaro Z28 that I ahd to scrape enough to buy in grade 11. My cousin sold it to me after he restored it from being parked for many years. Thing was mint inside and out but had to sell the year I graduated to go to school. Dumb ass went rice, but wanted to be different. I still argue it was AWD, not FWD, LOL. As for that, I am 23 and work at a Heavy Oil Upgrading Facility in Canada as a Process Operator. Help me pay for my expensive hobbies. good thing the ole lady gets the groceries or I would starv myself to pay for more mods, LOL. Its all fun and workt it in the end. I am gonna shut up now, as I do ramble on. Thanks for ready it all if anybody did, LOL. - Mike

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

welcome to ls1.com and congrats on your purchases

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

nice car! looks like mine, what rims you have? I got the TT2's 9's up front and 11's out back. They are chrome and the spokes are pewter, not my choice but came on the car and actually look good. I never was much for coloured/painted rims but they do have their place I guess

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Websy21 View Post
    nice car! looks like mine, what rims you have? I got the TT2's 9's up front and 11's out back. They are chrome and the spokes are pewter, not my choice but came on the car and actually look good. I never was much for coloured/painted rims but they do have their place I guess
    thanks, they are the TT2's they also came on the car when i bought it. polished aluminum 9's all around. got any pics?

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

not right now b/c I am at work, if I get to it tonight I'll post one or put it in my sig. The only thing I don't like about its looks is it has stock springs, sits a lil high. Suspension is done other than struts and shocks. Expensive but when I do I am gonna get the strano springs and koni da's

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

welcome

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    welcome
    Thanks, got a pic up in my avatar for those who care

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

LOOKS AWESOME !

Silver
    2002 WS6 TA

congrat's

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

damn dude that does look like my car lol

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Ya thats exactly what I said

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

great minds think alike lol

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

you got her, this is got to be one of my favorite colours, looks awesome clean and ohhh ya it stay clean forever. Its pretty hard to see dust on it, I have owned white, black, red, maroon vehicles and by far this is the best in that department being black the last. I just bought another black one so I guess I will be back to the clean me everyday to look good car. Thank God I have a double car garage. Even though I'd never own a sweet as F-Body without a roof over its head. Thats what ricer's are for

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

well me and my wife are in the process of shopping for a house and we live in an apartment complex where i constantly get door dings. so it will be nice to have a place of my own. my only demand was that the house had to have a 2 car garage, other than that i don't care lol

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Yup, all a man cares about is the garage and the women cares about the kitchen. Agreed! As for the door dings, I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know honestly if I would cry or I would die? If I saw someone do that I assure you I know exactly waht would happen to them. There are some things a person does touch that belongs to a man, his car, his women(unless you are playing 'switch the bitch'so I hear, lol. Just kiddin) and his beer or coarse. When I had my 81 camaro back in high school, thing was mint and it constantly got doored and I set out a bounty to find out who had done them. Seriously, I wanted to know who did it and I would have killed them at the least. Some people jsut don't understand and take any pride in a true work of art. A beater I can see, but all my life I have only had one and you could classify it as a hunting 4x4. Anyways, I am scared sometimes to take my car to the mall or to get groceries, etc to park it in some places. I am the jackass that takes up two spaces or parks far away or close to something where a vehicle can't park beside me. Only in my car or coarse. I love it and its my baby and treat it like one. Some people aren' as fortunate to have a enclosed building around their prised possession but it doesn't mean they don't take care of it. I've always had a roof over my cars other than my one 'rice' eclipse but that doesn't count does it, hahaha

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

agreed if we take my car somewhere i park a half mile away but usually we take my wifes grand cherokee. I now park between an older guy who thinks my car kicks ass lol and a group of jehovas witnesses at my apt. no new dings since i have been doing that

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dlmeadows View Post
    agreed if we take my car somewhere i park a half mile away but usually we take my wifes grand cherokee. I now park between an older guy who thinks my car kicks ass lol and a group of jehovas witnesses at my apt. no new dings since i have been doing that
    right on adds to the security a little bit, noing atleast when its parked outside your house you know that most likely some dumn ass won't bump into you

Thread Information