Hello everyone. I'm new and haven't got to post anything in the new member forum yet but will. I have a 98 TransAM that I bought in 2001. It only has 22,000 miles and is kept in the garage and is never driven in bad weather. Runs like an LS1 should until lately. Went to start it and it turns over fine but won't fire. I crank on it for about five seconds at a time and then let off the key and try again. May have to do this 12 or 15 times and then it may start. Once it starts it doesn't miss a lick. Took it out and drove the you know what out of it, triple digits no problem, no misses, no sputters. Put fresh gas in it, no help. It runs at normal operating temperature. You can shut it off for about 3 or 4 minutes and then it may do the same thing again. So at first I thought it was a cold start problem but now I know it does it when the engine is at normal operating temps.

I haven't got to try any old school tricks yet as far as trouble shooting goes but has anyone had a problem similar to this? Sounds to me like some kind of sensor problem, or maybe something in the computer not sending a right signal. It's got the power antenna so when I hit the key the antenna goes up and I can't tell for sure if the fuel pump is energizing or not so I'm going to pull the fuse on it next time I try. Could it be a coolant sensor gone bad? I changed the coolant for the first time in December 2006 although it looked fine it was past time. Don't want to get shafted at the dealer, any help is appreciated. Thanks