Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B4C Sled

white
    2002 B4C

Thumbs up B4C Sled

Hey all, just got an 02 Camaro B4C recently. It required a transmission rebuild which sucked! But that's what I get for buying a former highway patrol car from Gweedo- the lying 23 old boy who thinks he's a slick car salesman.Bastard! Still it has some cool features and only 708 were made...and hey the tranny is fixed and warranty covers it for 12 mo./12k miles! A few more little things need to be done. I had hand controls installed because I'm paralyzed from the waist down(motorcycle accident...ouch!). I added an SLP intake and plan on exhaust mods and waiting on hypertech PIII. I was a fan of Mustangs(sorry), but got this for a good price(till tranny problem) and more hp. Guess I am slowly converting A good friend of mine has a 99' Z28. Hope we can get a few more people together around here no matter what they drive. I learned a lot on this forum, it's nice to be a member...Thanks!

Ted and Sled

Silver
    1999 Camaro

Welcome to the site!!! Sorry to hear about the tranny. It sounds like all is well now. You'll enjoy the car

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

love the B4C my brother-in-law has one that use to be a NC patrol car.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Check out the B4C at the bottom left of my video page http://www.lsxtune.com/video.htm

welcome to the site!

Awaiting Activation
    welcome to the site!! Intake and exhaust are a good idea, but don't waste your $$ on a hypertech programmer - they are pretty useless!

Black
    2002 Camaro B4C

Hello, new to the site, hoping to learn a lot. Just bought a 02' B4C. Any advice on oil changes and what type. Car has 91k and runs awesome, just want to keep it that way. I was told by another b4c owner to not put synth. becuase it could cause problems with engines with high miles?? Anyone know or your thoughts.. Thanks

white
    2002 B4C

I've never heard of that, the B4C engine is the same as a Z28. There are some good sites for B4Cs if you do a search on google. Hit me up if you need help. I am considering running synth on my next oil change.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TedsB4Csled View Post
    I've never heard of that, the B4C engine is the same as a Z28. There are some good sites for B4Cs if you do a search on google. Hit me up if you need help. I am considering running synth on my next oil change.
    YES SAME ENGINE! the b4c has heavy duty cooling and eletrical systems.
    the computer should never cause the car to shut off, no top speed limiter. and i think no rev limiter not sure on that. the suspension is a bit stiffer also.
    driving my bro-in-laws then mine is alot different his is so much stiffer. i been running full syn. for several years now before in the s-10 now in the camaro.

Black
    2002 Camaro B4C

ok, great so synth. should be fine. As a new owner anything else I should keep in mind. I checked with the Chevy dealer where the car was assigned with FHP and it had no engine or trans. issue while it was an active patrol car. Just minor normal stuff that goes along with what the cars were put through daily.

white
    2002 B4C

B4C stuff

The tranny has a tranny cooler, but mine got fried anyway. Have tranny expert check it. The reason for the HD electrical system /alternator was to run cop equipment and lights. Take off your tail lights and you will see where the extra bulbs were installed...this can be a problem if they didn't seal them properly when they removed cop lights. Drill small hole in bottom of tail lights to allow condensation to evaporate and seal any holes/cracks near top. You can see water droplets on inside of lights if they are really wet. Also the front headlights had "wig-wags" which were spliced back together so check them for problems as well as wires under the dash, and look at the fuse panel to see what mess they may have created there. You have HD sway bars which is cool. Aluminum drive shaft. Also check rear passenger floorboards as I had two large drilled holes which I believe held hand cuffed passengers Seal them up or you will get musty smell and damp carpet. Check under carpet in trunk to see if they had lazy mechanics that cut a trap door to get to the fuel pump so they didn't have to remove exhaust, axle and fuel tank. They had a trap door in mine which was not constructed properly and it had cut into the fuel tank! Morons! Check this soon and I'll explain how to check/fix any problems if this happened. A used tank is $300 plus $400? in labor. I'm glad that I have the trap door after I repaired the screw up. I could go on, but think this may be more than you want to hear. It's all good in the end! oh and change the fuel filter!

Black
    2002 Camaro B4C

Cool, thanks so much for the help. I'll go through the car a little more today then. Its not going to be a everyday driver anyway. More like a toy to mess with on the weekends and date nights with the old lady. And of course some mods to make it fly even faster!!!lol

white
    2002 B4C

B4c

Just put a flow master exhaust (or similar), gut the air box, and do the free modifications and you'll really be impressed! I would run the car as much as possible, they don't like to sit around. I'll post free mod links in case you don't have them and some B4C info...

white
    2002 B4C

Mods and B4C brochure

2002 B4C brochure-
    http://www.9c1.com/brochures/2002/02_b4c.pdf

mods and more-
    http://tteedd.hostsnake.com/tech.html

oh, see if they left you a spare tire...mine didn't have one so I bought a full size to use as spare. Also found some firearm rounds in trunk...hehehe. Let me know what you find...

T

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would look into a magnaflow or gmmg exhaust.....you can hear just about any exhaust combo at www.ls1sounds.com GMMG is just pure sex...pricey but IMO not much out there that sounds better.

white
    2002 B4C

Exhaust

Cool!

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Tprwells View Post
    Cool, thanks so much for the help. I'll go through the car a little more today then. Its not going to be a everyday driver anyway. More like a toy to mess with on the weekends and date nights with the old lady. And of course some mods to make it fly even faster!!!lol
    Better install more than one mod and remove the donuts in the trunk if you want to keep up with my WS6!!!

Black
    2002 Camaro B4C

Looking for decals for my B4C, anyone know sites or places to buy them, want to show off my PRIDE!!! lol

white
    2002 B4C

B4c

Instead of Z28 or SS, put B4C....cool. Let me know if you find any.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

emblems thread

get in touch with third shift studios. He can make any emblem you want.

Black
    2002 Camaro B4C

2002 B4C...91k miles. Any advice to type of oil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information