Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Another Newb, newly purchased SS

Hi all,

Just purchased an 00' M6 SS at the end of Aug. My first Chev to boot. I'm stoked to say the least. Previously been almost exclusively into older muscle having owned 5 Dusters (a 71 Burnt Orange 318/auto, 71 Wht 340/auto, 71 Plum Crazy 340/4spd, 71 B5 Blue 340/4spd, 73 Wht spacemaker 318), a 70 Wht w/blue stripes Ram Air III Trans Am 4spd, a 71 Plum Crazy R/T Challenger 340/4spd, a 72 Lemon Twist Ralley Challenger w/ a swapped in 440/4spd, and finally my last muscle car being a 72 Olds 442 455/auto that I sold just a couple of years ago.

Also currently own a late model Bronco that as is my usual MO has been and is continueing to be hotrodded as well with a KB blower and other parts waiting to get there turn at being added to the combo.

So, happy to be here and have joined the forum. I honestly was planning to get a fox body stang only since I had gained alot of knowledge about fords from looking at info for my Bronco. As they say though, I went over to the dark side. Guess that means GM, or whatever you don't usually have.

The SS is an 00', basically dead nuts stock for the most part. Car is black on black leather with the 6spd (love manuals and no way was I getting anything but this time, been awhile), and just turned 75k. Car does have some kinda cool SS looking red stripes that so far I have yet to find any pics of on the net. Car appears to have been owned by somebody that was basically useing it as a driver and not quite giving it the respect and care it needed as I do have a couple (2) small dings to fix, some paint imperfections, and some interior wear to fix. The issues the car has are really the only way I honestly was able to get into an SS cost wise. The only things not stock besides the stripes are that it is rolling on C5 wheels, and somebody removed the SLP muffler and replaced with a funky bs little y pipe. So, somebody wanted it louder, but yet it doesn't even have a K N filter element.

Plans are to use her as my daily driver while I do a lift, SC, possible head swap (just to aluminum), paint & interior, axle swap, possible trans, and definetly a convertor swap on my Bronco. Then, when the Bronco is ready to go back into DD duty with a whole new look and another 100 or more ponies, well.........then the SS will get to be treated to hopefully big mods. While the SS is my DD I still intend/hope to do all the general basic bolt-ons, ie; exhaust, intake and suspension. Once she gets parked I do hope to be able to continue to whittle away at the ET as time and funds allow. The quickest car I've owned was my Plum Crazy 4spd Duster that was an 11.90/12 OO peice. Hope to surpass that by quite a bit (eventually) with the SS. I have a buddy with a 68 R/T Coronet Hemi 4spd (orig Hemi 4spd car to boot, and long time 1320 brawler) car that goes 10.80's to low 11's @ 128/125 depending. Car is an awesome heavy weight (well over 4000lbs) animal to watch attempt to make a clean lap. So I'm itchin to have some wheels up launchs myself as a result of watching this beast.

Anywho, sorry to ramble. Will be having some really basic questions initially, and know to search first. I didn't intend to get into a Chev, so I am scrambling to gain the real basics kinda info as my addiction to performance always compells me to do.

Lovin this SS, and feel I made the right choice as right now in stock form it will smoke any of the Stangs I had been looking at. I see and feel huge huge potential to easily achieve the 1320 fun I need again.

Oh, first absolute immediate issue I need to address is my clutch master. I'll try to find the appropriate forum to start a thread. I intend to do the McLeod master that seems to be the way to go, just need to know where to get it.

Thanks guys, and hello!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

very impressive list of cars you have there.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

welcome from wyoming, making a tour to tombstone in april or may,congrats on the SS

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Thanks guys, I'm lovin this SS. Really think I made the right choice by not going the Mustang route. Last stang I test drove was a 99 rag 5spd, and while I liked it..........it was no SS Camaro with an LS1 6. Whole nother level here.

I've owned a few other vehicles besides those, but didn't feel an 85 Yota X Cab 4 by or 88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5spd were really worth mentioning, but thats all I can remember that I didn't mention.

Wish I had every one of the above mentioned old muscle. Never have been able to afford to be a collector, but have had a nack for finding deals and stuff thats a little more rare so.........between that and my love of muscle cars I'm atleast thankful to have owned the ones I have. I owned those cars starting one at a time from the mid 80's till current with the 71 318 Duster being my first car. That lill bugger I had tuned well enough to actually take out a 396 Chevelle (once) back in the day. Can't say enough about having a good tune, as apposed to not. Makes all the difference on a late Saturday night, man was that guy pissed.

Hi, and everyone have a great safe weekend.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Well, only have handful of pictures of past rides, and no scanner yet (soon). I also need to get a digital camera finally and plan to get one somewhat soon. When I do, I will definetly post up some pics as I am very curious who's stripe kit this is thats on my car as its frankly the most tasteful and SS like ones I've seen. No where near as wide of stripes as other kits I've seen and they are strait up and over the car without the funky widening out on the hood that some have. Really tasteful stripes. I'll see if I can get ahold of a camera here shortly.

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Welcome 200M6SS.Like you have done with your other cars, enjoy the SS ride.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Will do, thank you.

Can't wait to see what she can really do when the time is right. Potential feels as good as the Mopars I've owned or better as far as 1320 action is concerned. Car seems very stiff when I've had it up in the air to get a peek underneath, and just from the general driving I've done. Stiffest GM I've owned yet (unibody). A few hundred pounds heavier than the 4spd Dusters I've owned, but oh what an engine (stock). Wish the rear axle wasn't such a weak link but they all have their pros and cons. I'm actually a little afraid to beat on her so far since it needs to survive as my driver for atleast a year, but thats OK. I'm a little older now, and don't immediatley feel the overwhelming need to beat the tar out of it. I'm itching to improve on the foundation, but know it will happen in time.

Only had one little race so far. Really it was two but same car. First race, and unfortunately first loss, but no biggie I didn't expect to win the way I launched. I had a have ass run with a very new looking roadster Viper. I was loaded with camping gear believe it or not as I was just coming back into town from a trip to a friends cabin, oh.........and I forgot to turn off the AC. Atleast thats my story and I'm stickin to it as they say (its the truth). The Diaper I mean Viper walked on me pretty good. Would have cleaned his clock if I would have had my first 4spd Duster from 15 years ago. Oh, well........the SS will get there, I'm confident.

Thanks, lovin this car alot. So use to old cars this is really impressive in alot of ways. Miss chrome bumpers, but hopefully I'll have another oldie one day as well.

Thread Information