Race cars have a clutch redss454's Avatar

Black
    2000 Z28

Wideband O2 Question

Okay, I'm still a newbie when it comes to computer controlled cars, so please bare with me. I am going to have some work done on my car in the coming week (LT's, no cats, Magnaflow exhaust, LS6 intake, SFC's, and some other stuff.) The guy who is doing the work mentioned something about a Wideband O2 for tuning purposes down the road. I was looking into the sensor and got a little confused. I was looking into putting the tripple gauge pod on my A-Pillar with Temp/Oil/Wideband. But I was looking through Summit's website and found what I believe to be the entire sensor 'package' from AEM, which is what my guy suggested. But it appears to me like it is just the gauge. Is this just the gauge, or is it teh actual sensor too?

And is getting teh Wideband worth it? I will be upgrading further down the road with H/C and possibly a power adder of some kind.

Thanks,
    Chris

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

You do not need one, especialy if you have no way to adjust your fueling. If you want to get one make sure it has outputs that you can then plug into any of the tuning packages like HPTuners or LS1Edit. I have an LC-1 that I'm using in my car but I do not have a gauge, but I can run a gauge permanently and also tie my datalogger into it.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

needing it is up to you. i have the PLX myself.

the AEM comes with a sensor as well. description at the bottom of the link shows it

Gauge, Wideband UEGO, Digital, Air/Fuel Ratio, Lean/Rich, 52mm Diameter, Electrical, Each
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information