Results 1 to 9 of 9

What is wrong with my car?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with my car? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; My mods are eaton posi with 3.73 Lt slp LM1 fipk K&N 80mm BBK TB HP tune 224/224 545/545 in/ex ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    What is wrong with my car?

    My mods are eaton posi with 3.73 Lt slp LM1 fipk K&N 80mm BBK TB HP tune 224/224 545/545 in/ex 114 LSA 125 shot NX my best time on motor 13.3 1/4 and 12.4 on nitrous in the 1/4 for the mods that i have i should be a lot faster or i'm i wrong any help will be appriciated i just ordered a tci ssf 3500 stall (which i hope will wake up my ta) + i dont know if its normal but ever since i installed my cam when i put it in reverse or drive the rpm dips 500 and the to 700 rpm please help "frustrated"!!!
    Last edited by 99w69kitt; 07-07-2008 at 09:13 AM.

  2. #2
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by 99w69kitt View Post
    My mods are eaton posi with 3.73 Lt slp LM1 fipk K&N 80mm BBK TB HP tune 224/224 545/545 in/ex 114 LSA 125 shot NX my best time on motor 13.3 1/4 and 12.4 on nitrous in the 1/4 for the mods that i have i should be a lot faster or i'm i wrong any help will be appriciated i just ordered a tci ssf 3500 stall (which i hope will wake up my ta) + i dont know if its normal but ever since i installed my cam when i put it in reverse or drive the rpm dips 500 and the to 700 rpm please help "frustrated"!!!


    It's normal if the car is not tuned.

    It's a bit backwards to do the cam and THEN the stall. The cam *needs* the stall for idle stability and to be able to get the car moving off of the line. ET is no reflection of HP at all, what is/was your MPH before and after the cam swap... that will show you where and how solid your gains were. Also, you don't mention headers and aftermarket y-pipe. They are normal mods for any cammed car, but then again, the stall usually is too.

    The car should run 12.4 or BETTER without the bottle assuming you can get that thing to 60'.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    It's normal if the car is not tuned.

    It's a bit backwards to do the cam and THEN the stall. The cam *needs* the stall for idle stability and to be able to get the car moving off of the line. ET is no reflection of HP at all, what is/was your MPH before and after the cam swap... that will show you where and how solid your gains were. Also, you don't mention headers and aftermarket y-pipe. They are normal mods for any cammed car, but then again, the stall usually is too.

    The car should run 12.4 or BETTER without the bottle assuming you can get that thing to 60'.
    i have long tube headers and ory and my 60' without n20 are 2.2 and with n20 1.8 + My car is tuned
    Last edited by mrr23; 07-07-2008 at 03:13 PM.

  4. #4
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Without MPH, it's all a guess, but that .4 reduction in 60' would knock off .75 from your ET easily.... which makes me point out that your nitrous gains were very small as well.

    The RPM dipping is a tuning issue, you need to spend a little more time on your idle tuning. The stall alone should get you into the 1.8s or better without the jug. The car should cakewalk deep into the 11s witht he mod list you have (including the stall) if the 60's are there.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Without MPH, it's all a guess, but that .4 reduction in 60' would knock off .75 from your ET easily.... which makes me point out that your nitrous gains were very small as well.

    The RPM dipping is a tuning issue, you need to spend a little more time on your idle tuning. The stall alone should get you into the 1.8s or better without the jug. The car should cakewalk deep into the 11s witht he mod list you have (including the stall) if the 60's are there.

    motor 107mph n20 112mph [without cam motor 105mph]

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    so what your trying to tell me that the stall i got will be the light

  7. #7
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    yessir, it will be a whole different car. Honestly, it should be trapping 112-114 depending on the weight without the bottle unless you are racing under some crazy DA.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    yessir, it will be a whole different car. Honestly, it should be trapping 112-114 depending on the weight without the bottle unless you are racing under some crazy DA.
    Thanks frost for your help and i know this may sound dumb what does da stand for?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    i got it Density Altitude

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I think i got the wrong 4.10's
    By karpetcm in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 05:25 PM
  2. Wrong Place Wrong Time
    By Fearls1 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 07:26 AM
  3. Something wrong!!
    By dcarver07 in forum General Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 03:28 PM
  4. Help: I think something's still wrong
    By bsteff in forum General Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
  5. Is it wrong that I
    By FantaZGuy28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •