Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is the optimal a/f ratio for us?

This is a discussion on What is the optimal a/f ratio for us? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Ok I just called him back and he said the exact same thing you guys did! He said that the ...

2000 Trans Am

Ok I just called him back and he said the exact same thing you guys did! He said that the af ratio for crusing/idle etc etc etc is 14.7 (plus or minus 1 %) and the wot af should be 12.8 ish............He said he runs into this problem a lot with trucks and occasionally, with the F-body becuase the pcm thinks that it is leaner then it is.....so he doesn't delete the code he just adjusts the pcm to diffrent paraminters.......he said when he tuned my car that there was no knock retart, and that we will drive around again with him looking at the paramiters just to triple check that everything is still within range which is what stated before........any comments or opinions are welcome.....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

then my question would be how does he know what afr you're at if he's not using a wideband? He's using o2 mv's which aren't accurate. They can ball park you but they're not accurate and that's obvious by the lean code.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

If I am reading stuff correctly... if your not using a wideband then your using the LTFT and STFT to tune your AFR correct? Also, if I readum correctly, that is not nearly as accurate.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    then my question would be how does he know what afr you're at if he's not using a wideband? He's using o2 mv's which aren't accurate. They can ball park you but they're not accurate and that's obvious by the lean code.
    does that have to be done on a dyno? or can it be done on the street? did you get my previous pm orion?

2000 Trans Am

Ok well, just got off the phone with him once again. I asked him what the reason was for making the car leaner and he said for better gas milege. So I told him I don't give a shit about milege so he is going to redo the af ratio for part throttle and cruising, because he says that is why I am popping the lean code.........does this sound correct? And will this fix my problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information