RED
    1998 TRANS AM

what if my car is already programmed?

I was thinking about getting a programmer,probably hypertech.just for the ability to change axle ratios or fan temps.I had to change my rear end a few weeks ago,& found out that it had a different ratio than is on my rpo code list.so,I'm not sure if someone has already set up a program on my vehicle,the speedo was correct.I know that you cant program another vehicle with a programmer if it hasn't been restored,what if my computer hasn't been restored because of the ratio change,if I buy a programmer,will I be able to use it?or will it not,because it is currently running a set program from another tuner?how do i know if it has been set with another tuner?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I would ask the manufacturer of the handheld you are considering.

I have a Diablo Predator and it says to be sure you have a stock tune before using it. I'm not sure about the others.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

sometimes, the handheld may not be able to unlock the PCM because the guy that did the tuning put a code in the handheld won't recognize. if it does unlock the PCM, it may not overwrite every file inside the PCM which can cause running issues.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information