98T/Aformula

What the hell ???

To start it off I went to the track today with high hopes...Last time I went to the track I was runnin 14.1s so I was pretty happy. So I go to the track today with even higher hopes because on top of the mods that I had last time I added SFC, electronic cut out, LS6 intake manifold, Nitto 555drs, and 3.73, so I was expecting to atleast to run a 13.5, line up and it starts to pull like no other but then when I hit 80 it fell flat on its face !!! I get my ticket and I ran a 14.4 ??? slower then before ??? What the hell could be wrong ? I put in the 3.73s and programed my computer with my Hypertek cp3 but I really have a big feeling something is going on with the computer...I dont think I could be more frustrated right now !!! I have an A4...idk if that helps but just so ya know...

98T/Aformula
    What do you guys think could be my problem ?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

hard to say. maybe hit a lot of knock retard.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Hi--with the cut-outs and the intake manifold change--how many miles have you driven before you went to the track--takes sometimes 100 miles for the comp. to learn the new fuel trims--Any trouble codes ??? with the exhaust and intake change you have added more airflow so it's probably running lean at part throttle and the comp is adding fuel--it can add or sub tract up to 25% before throwing a code---However if you are adding fuel at PT for a lean condition it will lock on the positive LTFT trims and add that % to your fuel at WOT-making you very rich. Stock wide open AFR is about 11.-1 and you could be adding 10-15% more making it a dog---

The other thing is you could be getting knock retard in huge amounts as well-
    Do you hear any pinging ??--You really need to get a scanner and check these things--especially when adding mods. I got one at Kragens at 1st for about $200 --works very well to monitor about 25 things---

98T/Aformula
    No I didnt hear any pinging, but I did run one run with the cut out shut just to see but no change...But the only code that is being thrown is coming from my MAF it flips my survice engine light on every once in awhile but it has done that before I added everything, I was going to get it dynoed and get the computer tuned to everything that I just put on, do you think that will help ? O and I drove over 200 miles on my gears before I even got on it and prolly about 400 on everything els...

Yes---If you are getting a MAF code sounds like it's just a fueling problem and the LTFT's are way off-If it's lean then it is adding fuel at WOT on the locked positive trims at WOT making it lazy--Could be some other things also -there can be many things that make it lazy at WOT associated with power enrichment--like PE delays that need to be O'ed out and AFR that needs to be set--Etc. When you get it tuned all can be corrected--good luck and don't panic !!!

98T/Aformula
    Quote Originally Posted by tblu92 View Post
    Yes---If you are getting a MAF code sounds like it's just a fueling problem and the LTFT's are way off-If it's lean then it is adding fuel at WOT on the locked positive trims at WOT making it lazy--Could be some other things also -there can be many things that make it lazy at WOT associated with power enrichment--like PE delays that need to be O'ed out and AFR that needs to be set--Etc. When you get it tuned all can be corrected--good luck and don't panic !!!
    Lol thanks its just making me go insane cuz I keep hearing so many different things that could be wrong ! I was looking at a shop to do it and it looks like it would cost betewwn $90 and $150, is that right cuz they also had other prices that were like $320 but that seems pretty high but I think that was for imports and turboed cars ? What did you guys end up paying for your tune and dyno ?

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula View Post
    Lol thanks its just making me go insane cuz I keep hearing so many different things that could be wrong ! I was looking at a shop to do it and it looks like it would cost betewwn $90 and $150, is that right cuz they also had other prices that were like $320 but that seems pretty high but I think that was for imports and turboed cars ? What did you guys end up paying for your tune and dyno ?
    I am a tuner myself in northern calif (Modesto)--It all depends on the area--Where i live There is no way you could get $500 for a tune-most here
    (including myself I have EFILIVE) charge $150

for a behind the wheel tune--$200 for a wideband behind the wheel tune and $300 for a dyno tune--Modesto is a rural community--In the larger cities like Sacramento or SF the prices are higher like $250-$350 for the driven tunes and $450 for a dyno tune

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

$300 for my dyno tune.. but then its only dyno time for any mods after that. Good luck.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

98T/Aformula
    Im going to take it to our machanic of 18 years before I do anything I trust him with my life lol jk but he will fix it or at least point me in a for sure direction...For now I put my car in time out lol, and it put me in time out as well haha...

Thread Information