Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Upgrading HPtuner to Pro???

This is a discussion on Upgrading HPtuner to Pro??? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Question: Do the tunes you have worked on stay intact?? The tunes should be stored/saved in ...

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Question:

Do the tunes you have worked on stay intact??
    The tunes should be stored/saved in your laptop. No effect on the cable or box.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    The tunes should be stored/saved in your laptop. No effect on the cable or box.
    Okay, guess that was a stupid question. I just don't understand completely how it all works I guess.
    You could have been harder on me, thanks for takin' it easy on me

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

Thumbs up

Okay, guess that was a stupid question. I just don't understand completely how it all works I guess.
    You could have been harder on me, thanks for takin' it easy on me
    LOL. Do Unto Others.

FWIW, the MPVI Pro is pretty darn sweet. I really like the laptop-free datalogging. The new "box" will hold roughly 90 minutes of info, which is awesome. Then you just download it to laptop or, like I do, download it to my home PC which is much easier to see, use, navigate, for my old eyes...lol

LOL. Do Unto Others.

FWIW, the MPVI Pro is pretty darn sweet. I really like the laptop-free datalogging. The new "box" will hold roughly 90 minutes of info, which is awesome. Then you just download it to laptop or, like I do, download it to my home PC which is much easier to see, use, navigate, for my old eyes...lol
    I don't know how to do the laptop free stuff yet. I haven't even figured out how to use the real time tuning while you log. At least I think it's supposed to have that feature.

Anyway, I really like the idea of using the home computer. I struggle seeing everything on the laptop, and if the sun is out,,,forget it. I usually have to find a shady spot to park when I'm logging just to read the screen

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the laptop free stuff is only available with the pro version I believe....could be wrong on that but that's what I'm thinking.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I don't know how to do the laptop free stuff yet. I haven't even figured out how to use the real time tuning while you log. At least I think it's supposed to have that feature.
    Real time tuning is an upgraded operating system you have to buy per vehicle for 2 credits I believe. Its like buying the speed density or the boosted 2 bar operating systems instead of using the operating system that the car came with from GM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the laptop free stuff is only available with the pro version I believe....could be wrong on that but that's what I'm thinking.
    yes, pro only...like this guy just said

the MPVI Pro is pretty darn sweet. I really like the laptop-free datalogging. The new "box" will hold roughly 90 minutes of info,

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

Anyway, I really like the idea of using the home computer. I struggle seeing everything on the laptop, and if the sun is out,,,forget it. I usually have to find a shady spot to park when I'm logging just to read the screen
    With the PRO version it's a non-issue as far as datalogging. Just click the RECORD button on your MPVI Pro "box" and drive around, lol.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

With the PRO version it's a non-issue as far as datalogging. Just click the RECORD button on your MPVI Pro "box" and drive around, lol.
    little more to it than that....but that's the jist of it. You have to set up your config. in the cable and then record it. After you're done you just DL the info from the cable onto your laptop or pc.

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    little more to it than that....but that's the jist of it. You have to set up your config. in the cable and then record it. After you're done you just DL the info from the cable onto your laptop or pc.
    Now you're gonna confuse him again...lol

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Now you're gonna confuse him again...lol
    well.....when he gets it I'll walk him through it if he needs it but I just don't want people to say "that damn rel3rd said all I had to do was hit record".

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

hahahaha...

Fair enough.

But what does it record exactly? I mean right now when I datalog, I have to setup histograms to log certain things, whether I want to look at VE tables or MAF tables, or timing tables etc....Seems if I remember right,,,if I don't have that particular screen in view, it's not logged.

How would simply hitting the record button scan all this stuff without setting up histograms?? How would you know (in the VE table for instance) that you drove around long enough with various loads to hit all the cells without actually seeing the screen??

But what does it record exactly? I mean right now when I datalog, I have to setup histograms to log certain things, whether I want to look at VE tables or MAF tables, or timing tables etc....Seems if I remember right,,,if I don't have that particular screen in view, it's not logged.

How would simply hitting the record button scan all this stuff without setting up histograms?? How would you know (in the VE table for instance) that you drove around long enough with various loads to hit all the cells without actually seeing the screen??
    Uh huh,,,,I guess I opened up a can of worms with these questions

Or they are just stupid questions again,,lol.

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

Uh huh,,,,I guess I opened up a can of worms with these questions

Or they are just stupid questions again,,lol.
    No worms here. Orion answered it before you asked (post #29)

You can log anything you configure the Pro box to log. Obviously if you want to "see" what you're logging, as you log, you'd have to use the laptop screen. I've never had an issue hitting enough cell counts without the laptop laying on the seat.

Everything we've discussed here is covered in numerous threads on HPTuners site, including videos of configuring the box/cable, and downloading the logs.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sca...atalogging.htm

http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/s...onelogging.swf
    Last edited by rel3rd; 12-09-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Ooops sorry, I must have missed that post Orion and went right to typing.

Thanks guys, I'll get moving on getting this thing upgraded tomorrow, then wait anxiously. I'm sure I'll have questions when I get it back up and running.

Blue
    2007, toyota

Hello,
    I don't know anything about it but i really want togoodyear oil change know because it will upgrade my information about different product.So i hope someone could help me in telling about it..
    Regards,
    Ali.
    Last edited by Dudley; 12-18-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Update:

I sent it off and had a confirmation delivery date that it arrived out there. It's been over 2 weeks now and I haven't heard a thing.
    For those that have upgraded,,,did it take this long? I'm thinking the holidays may have slowed their progress down, maybe they weren't around for a few days???

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

Unfortunately, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. It used to take me a week or so to add a license (before the MPVI Pro)

Just an update.
    Sent an email aksing about the status and received an instant reply from HPtuner. They in fact are shipping it out today. A very short time later they emailed my new serial number and application key.

I can't wait to get it working and try it out. I hope it goes smoothly, it's an entirely new software learning curve for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information