Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Upgrading HPtuner to Pro???

Has anyone with the standard HPtuner upgraded to the Pro version? I'm wanting to do this and would like some info. I posted on HPtuners site asking about an upgrade but still waiting for a response. I was hoping someone here could lead me in the right direction. Thanks.

black
    1998 trans am

You will have to send the cable into them and they do it.

thanks,
    Mark

KYSpeed.com | FREE SHIPPING & HANDLING | PRICE MATCH | EMAIL

Kook's | American Racing Headers | Vararam | HallTech | Textralia | SPEC | McLeod | Raptor | Trick Flow | AFR | ECS
    | FAST | APS | TTi | Procharger | RPM Transmission | Comp | DMH | HP Tuners | PFADT | SLP | STS

Ah, that's interesting to know. No mention of it on their website. I wonder what the cost is.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

hey larry, what happens when you go to their site and click on "order upgrades" like if you were ordering credits? I found in the faq it said to go there for upgrade info to pro but I don't see anything there. I already have the pro though and maybe that's why I don't see anything there

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I done this about 3 years ago. I had to send the cable in and pay the upgrade fee. I cant remember how much it was though.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    hey larry, what happens when you go to their site and click on "order upgrades" like if you were ordering credits? I found in the faq it said to go there for upgrade info to pro but I don't see anything there. I already have the pro though and maybe that's why I don't see anything there
    Shucks I don't know,,,,I didn't see "order upgrades" on there. I'll look again as I probably missed it. I'll try it and report back.

Well shiznizzle, I am guessing you have to login to the account with your serial number and password to see the upgrade options because I don't see it anywhere otherwise.
    I haven't the slightest clue what so ever what my serial number and passwords are or if I even created an account there at all. This is getting complicated.

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Has anyone with the standard HPtuner upgraded to the Pro version? I'm wanting to do this and would like some info. I posted on HPtuners site asking about an upgrade but still waiting for a response. I was hoping someone here could lead me in the right direction. Thanks.
    If you do not mean from the older SERIAL cable setup to the new MPVI PRO w/USB, disregard message below...

I upgraded mine (from old SERIAL cable to MPVI Pro w/USB cable) roughly two years ago, for $200. That's no longer an option, nor can you even buy credits anymore for the old setup. They don't support, or even repair, the serial setup anymore at all, which sucks...

You may want to check out this thread:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20274

It says there is no longer an option to "upgrade". That option ended over a year ago. From what I read, you'd have to buy it like a new user for $650.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, 9" rear
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

Bright Red

Well shiznizzle, I am guessing you have to login to the account with your serial number and password to see the upgrade options because I don't see it anywhere otherwise.
    I haven't the slightest clue what so ever what my serial number and passwords are or if I even created an account there at all. This is getting complicated.
    Your serial number should be right on the "black box". If you have that, and your email address, I am pretty sure they can reset password. If you never set it up, you should be able to start from scratch.

If you have the STANDARD MPVI setup (not the old serial), then you should be OK.

I found this:
    How much would it cost to upgrade from the Standard MPVI to the Pro MPVI if I decided to upgrade later?
    $289+shipping

You should have that option under "ORDER UPGRADES", which as you already found out...doesn't show up unless you are logged in as a customer, using the box's serial number and whatever password you used, or will use.
    Last edited by rel3rd; 12-08-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    If you do not mean from the older SERIAL cable setup to the new MPVI PRO w/USB, disregard message below...

I upgraded mine (from old SERIAL cable to MPVI Pro w/USB cable) roughly two years ago, for $200. That's no longer an option, nor can you even buy credits anymore for the old setup. They don't support, or even repair, the serial setup anymore at all, which sucks...

You may want to check out this thread:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20274

It says there is no longer an option to "upgrade". That option ended over a year ago. From what I read, you'd have to buy it like a new user for $650.
    How do I know if I have the SERIAL cable or the MPVI USB cable???

98 Formula
    06 duramax

How do I know if I have the SERIAL cable or the MPVI USB cable???
    serial cable has a 9 pin connector that connects to a serial port on the laptop....a usb has....well.....a usb connector that connects to the laptop.

I looked at it,,,,I have a grey and black box, says "HPTuner MPVI" on the front.
    The only numbers I can find on the box are from a very tiny sticker on the back with a 10 digit # 1025xxxxxx

I don't know if that's the number I should be looking for or not.

serial cable has a 9 pin connector that connects to a serial port on the laptop....a usb has....well.....a usb connector that connects to the laptop.
    One of these days I'll learn all this computer lingo,,,well, maybe not

Let me go back out again and look, I don't know how it's plugged into the laptop.

Well it's definately not a 9 pin connector. It's a tiny little rectangular plug with no pins. I guess that's a USB??

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Well it's definately not a 9 pin connector. It's a tiny little rectangular plug with no pins. I guess that's a USB??
    yep

Bright Red

Smile

I looked at it,,,,I have a grey and black box, says "HPTuner MPVI" on the front.
    The only numbers I can find on the box are from a very tiny sticker on the back with a 10 digit # 1025xxxxxx

I don't know if that's the number I should be looking for or not.
    Well, you're in better shape than someone with the old serial cable...

That 10 digit number is your serial number. If you never have done so, than you can register on the site. At first I was confused too because the "forum" part of HPTuners site uses a regular/generic type log in with a chosen user name and password, whereas the log in from main page, which allows access to upgrades, tune repository, etc., uses the MPVI serial number and a password. You should be able to simply register, just like a new user would have to do.

Like I found and quoted above, it looks like $289 for the upgrade for you.

and don't feel bad, I still think serial is something you put in a bowl and eat with a spoon, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Well, you're in better shape than someone with the old serial cable...

That 10 digit number is your serial number. If you never have done so, than you can register on the site. At first I was confused too because the "forum" part of HPTuners site uses a regular/generic type log in with a chosen user name and password, whereas the log in from main page, which allows access to upgrades, tune repository, etc., uses the MPVI serial number and a password. You should be able to simply register, just like a new user would have to do.

Like I found and quoted above, it looks like $289 for the upgrade for you.

and don't feel bad, I still think serial is something you put in a bowl and eat with a spoon, lol...
    Ha, you think like me. It's what I have for breakfast.

Sounds like I can upgrade then. It also sounds like I better do it while I still can.
    I'll try a login and see what happens.

yep
    Cool. God help me if I ever get the wideband to work in conjunction with this tuner. It'll be like starting all over again.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i have the standard and looked into upgrading it..it comes out to about 200-250..you send in your box and they send you the pro..they need to box to transfer your credits and your vehicles

Question:

Do the tunes you have worked on stay intact??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information