Thread: Unknown switch

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Unknown switch

To start I have a 99 T/A
    In the pictures that I have listed you can see there is a 4th electrical connector. it is one of the 10 pin connectors which is(in the picture and since i have owned the car) not connected to anything. on the connector there is a cable that is kind of spliced into the connector. you should be able to see the extra wire coming out of it. That wire leads to a switch in the passenger area. on the connector inside the hood(which will be called 4th connector from now on) two wires that come from the switch are spliced into it. When the switch is flipped it grounds out the two wires.

OK so what is this for. it was not plugged into anything when i got it... in fact i thought it was until i removed the tie wraps and saw that it was just looped into itself.

So i guess what i need is to know what the wires that are going through that jumbled mess are doing.. I only need to know what the other 10 pin connector wires are doing since it will only patch between those because of the form factor.

If i did a bad job explaining this let me know to clarify this more. I hope that my pictures will show up so you can see visially... might help out a bit then.

Both connectors have AB markers on them... I made the mistake of using brown on one so it's hard to see... but it is there. obviosly you can see the other clearly.

I hope the picture is showing. I can't see it here but this is a work computer. I will get a better picture tomarrow though.
    Last edited by Phlash_riot; 10-25-2006 at 06:53 AM.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

ttt

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

What ever it is it is not factory. It look like a progresive controler unit harness or part of it anyway. Do you know if the previous owner had nitrous on the car? If so i bet that is what it is. If yo ucan give me some more pictures from inside and more in the engine compartment i can help you with this.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Hrmmm. Well not sure about the nitros. It doesn't seem to have had nitros on it as the engine was bone stock when i got it and i don't see any signs that there was a set-up installed i there. I would think that i would see screw holes from various actuator that were bolted down to the metal wheel wells. I will get mor pics up tonight. Is there anything in particular that you need a pic of?

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty TA View Post
    It look like a progresive controler unit harness or part of it anyway. .
    A what?

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Well I stumbled upon what it is. I was just messing around at thunder racing making my wish lists and what not and i found a item that kinda looked like it. So i want to SLP web site and looked at their picture of it. EXACTLY what i have. It is a remote control for the radiator fans. So i D/Led the instructions and i will reinstall it tonight.
    Thanks for the input guys
    http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=63011

Thread Information