Black
    2005 GTO

Tunning with predator

I just installed my header today and plan to get my car pro tuned soon. Is there anything I can do with my predator as far as adding/subracting fuel or spark to help in the mean time?

Thanks
    Jon

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

all you can do is try different settings until it runs better.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

In general you can try adding another % or 2 of timing.......And or riching the inj. pulse some.Your factory set up is trying to keep it at 14.7 for emissioins Just play with it and drive around and you'll feel it or here it ping........Or run lazy because it's fat. If it does than go back the other way. Your not going to hurt anything as long as your not changing a % or 2.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Performance Tune

After my header install and other bolt-ons I opted for the "performance tune" (on the Predator) until I get to the dyno. Was a little shy about messing with settings (fuel/air/timing) and goof something up. Just my take.......

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by 89LX View Post
    After my header install and other bolt-ons I opted for the "performance tune" (on the Predator) until I get to the dyno. Was a little shy about messing with settings (fuel/air/timing) and goof something up. Just my take.......
    I am considering a Predator. Did you notice much difference with the performance tune? I am in a similar situation as you, I recently installed my long tubes and ORY. Or should I go and get the car dyno tuned. With a Predator tune, you will get some HP, but how much more will a dyno tune run, is what I wonder. The only place I have looked so far said ~$620 for a dyno tune, I have heard that is too much.

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

This is the site for the local guy here (50 miles) so am going to give him a chance. He did say to bring my Predator along so not sure what he has in mind. I will give him a chance and see what happens. I want to see what full bolt on gave me with shortie headers and all the other items I installed on a 300 rwhp base line. Won't be able to have it done until Feb. (low on funds).
    http://www.waynesdyno.net/index2b1.html
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by 89LX View Post
    I spent bought an A/F wideband kit for the same reason.

Thread Information