tuning tuning tuning

This is a discussion on tuning tuning tuning within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; can some1 tell me..i got a 99z28 and want to get lt headers without emissions and dual exhaust with an ...

green
    99 camaro

Question tuning tuning tuning

can some1 tell me..i got a 99z28 and want to get lt headers without emissions and dual exhaust with an intake..now i want a shop to tune it..can they tune it and get my OBDII ready so i can pass smog???or is that imposible if im trying to go without emissions??

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

if there is a visual NO, if its just a smog test and your a/f is on point then maybe. Im not a 100% sure, but your tuner will disable the egr and air and the computer will show them as off..this may or may not comeup when they can your computer.
    NIno

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

if the codes are deleted properly you will see no ses light & your emissions readiness tests will complete...thats not to say you'll pass a visual though

green
    99 camaro

iam a smog technician..shh dont tell nebody.lol..but i cant controll obd2 the computer does that so i need it to be ready..now i hear that if its deleted there is no way it can pass obd2 because its not gona be ready or its not going to be supported anymore..is there any other way but deleting it??

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

thanks for the correction foff..

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Irman393
    iam a smog technician..shh dont tell nebody.lol..but i cant controll obd2 the computer does that so i need it to be ready..now i hear that if its deleted there is no way it can pass obd2 because its not gona be ready or its not going to be supported anymore..is there any other way but deleting it??
    i have no clue what your asking...again if the codes are deleted properly you will pass all the necessary obd2 testing...ive passed several cars with flying colors that otherwise wouldve failed.

green
    99 camaro

thanx thats all i wanted to know..as long as i can pass obd2 im good..that was my main point..now i can go thrue with my plan of geting rid of all emission crap and put lt headers with dual set up no cats.thanx again

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

once again, if you properly delete the diag tests, it will pass the ODBII test

green
    99 camaro

how do you delet the diag test????

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

depends which tuner you have, I use LS1edit and you just set the diagnostic test to "X" which means don't use. I'm sure other tuners are similar, but not sure what the details would be

Thread Information