So I put it in her butt.

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Tuning Software for Nitrous?

What, if any, of the tuning software packages are able to #1: detect nitrous, and #2: change parameters during nitrous use?(e.g. pull timing) Will I have to go the aftermarket engine management route? I have heard that EFI Live can do this but they are more expensive than the others and they are weird about licensing.

Black
    2002 Camaro

EFI Live can program this in but you would need to add a wire or two to your pcm. Basicly the pcm when it recieves 12 volts on this extra wire it will go into performance mode. Basicly you flip the switch and you know have an entirely differntly set-up computer. Its pretty sweet actually!!! I use EFI Live and love it!!! I am a newbie when it comes to tuning and I am just starting to learn what my tuner can actually do so please dont ask me for advice on how to. There are other people hear better for that. EFI Live is a little funny about liscensing.... They give you the ablity to program up to two PCM's when you buy their unit. Which if you are only using it for yourself thats perfect!!! You can buy additional liscensing for $150.00 per PCM. The great thing about EFI Live is that they give you free updates to there software (others charge or only give you one and then you have to buy the product again) Plus they offer there own operating systems to program into the PCM, and you can also plug in controls for things like a Wide band O2 sensor.
    Hope this helps

So I put it in her butt.

White
    2001 Z28 M6

Wow, thanks for the info. I have heard that EFI is realy cool and a life saver when it comes to keeping everything runing right with a modified motor, and it would certainly help not having to go pay a tuner every time I change something, which is quite often. Thanks again.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

um camaro crazy chris you might want to follow a product your endorsing a little closer http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showpost.p...2&postcount=13 they havent released it yet. Even if it is released it would only be available with their commercial version which starts at $849. I would say either go with Hptuners or efilive & just flash it when you know your going to run nitrous...uploads take a whopping 25 seconds with either. Right now if you want the best of both worlds NA & nitrous it probably isnt goin to happen.

Black
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    um camaro crazy chris you might want to follow a product your endorsing a little closer http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showpost.p...2&postcount=13 they havent released it yet. Even if it is released it would only be available with their commercial version which starts at $849. I would say either go with Hptuners or efilive & just flash it when you know your going to run nitrous...uploads take a whopping 25 seconds with either. Right now if you want the best of both worlds NA & nitrous it probably isnt goin to happen.

Yes the item has not been released yet and yes you could only program it into the PCM with a Commercial version, but once you have the commercial version which is only about $150.00 more than the personal version, you can use all the custom operating systems you want and there free of charge. I have faith that the EFI Live guys will have this out in the next two-three months, They dont like to half-ass it and screw up peoples equipment, they like to get it right the first time.
    I agree though with you...... It is a little more economicly sound to just reflash when your ready to run nitrous, which only takes about 30 seconds. However, to get to that point you still have to write out the entire timing and fuel maps for the occasion and then save it to be flashed when you need it. The new N2O OS has dueling fuel and timing maps (both fully customizable) as soon as you turn on your nitrouse the PCM switches to the other maps.
    Last edited by CamaroCrazyChris; 04-25-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

point being its vaperware until it is released

Take a look at the LS1 Timing tuner:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=308&page=1

Matt

Thread Information