black trans am

tuning injectors 00 ta help me

ok i had that stockers tuned in damn good.. SD and MAF modes and i did the kpa vs flow rate with hp tuners the injectors are rated @ 39lbs @ 39.15psi from ford... i have a 55 lb rail with the stock pump (i know im going to need to due a way with soon) so i used hp tuners to make the kpa vs flow rate adjustment.... i got 46.23... i have done ever thing right so far right....

with stock injectors i was trapping 111-112 @96-110% injector rate
    with new best trap was 108.8x with a better 60 ft... ok i was guessing it was the heat...

i was trying to get a lil bit more power out on the car so i checked my tune(logged) from idle to 4k lean as it gets (SD mode) from 10 -25%... not good at all...

adjusd the ve table got a lil better still 20% adjusted more still 18%... look at the table and im at 103% one the ve table @ 2500 rpm and still lean....

so i get on hp tuners form and the only god damn info i can get is the dumb ass add for "greg's dvd" ok ill just buy that and learn... its over 200 bucks... so i opted not to..

what i did find out that when u swap injectors u have to do more then just kpa vs flow rate... u have to change the a lot of shit like injector pulse min and injector timing boundary, shot pulse limit ect...

now i look up fords injectors info that i can find i get this http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/ics/m-9593-m39.pdf

black trans am

now can some one tell me how to use this info to put in to the hp tuners so that i dont have to beat my head in... in the mean while im going to swap back to stock injectors and re tune them in so when ever some one(FROST) helps me i dont have jacked up ve tables... any one else have any input other then frost im open to all real help but i know where i went wrong ford parts on an trans am.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

They are Bosch, not Ford

You are right, there are many tables to be changed. That Ford data you linked to is pretty worthless for our application.

I spent many days working backwards on stock cars to arrive at the injector that I use. Consequently it's one of the only things I don't share.

Use the spreadsheet properly, lower min pulse/def pulse to about 0.800 to start and lower your short pulse adder. That will get you ballparked.

black trans am

ok so im going to tune my stock injectors in... then swap adjust the kpa vs flow. then take the def and min pulse from 1.27 down to 0.800. then log and take the table for short pulse adder down my .99 or do u take it down slower/faster.. or just play it by log.. if rich add if lean take out?

Thread Information