Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

tuning with hp tuners

This is a discussion on tuning with hp tuners within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by CamaroKidZ28 Sweeeet. Thanks for the point in the right direction. I'll hit up that scan asap. approx. ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroKidZ28 View Post
    Sweeeet. Thanks for the point in the right direction. I'll hit up that scan asap. approx. how much driving time to get a good log?(thats the easy part, i think the hard part is going to get my buddy's new toy out of his hands for a while...haha
    you'll want a bunch of hits in each cell. You can look at the cell counts in that histogram. The more the better but I usually shoot for 50+ hits in each cell. You don't want to go WOT while logging but you want to hit as many of those cells as possible up to there.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

here's a webpage i was making on how to use hptuners www.centralfloridastreetcars.com/hptuners.htm

Blue
    1998 Z-28

OK guys here we go !! I was wondering at it seems like I found my answer EFI live or HP Tuners and the concensus is HP Tuners. Now my next question whats the difference in VCM scanner pro and VCM scanner standard ? And I am wanting to start doing a little editing myself (Slowly and small calculated and researched changes) So I am looking at the VCM suite standard ! So I need both to do things like close loop and to read what codes its giving me or does VCM suite work as a scanner to ? From the way im reading it it says yes it works as a scanner to or am i reading wrong ?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what mods are done to the car and what mod plans do you have? I would strongly recommend getting the pro version....if you run or plan on running a wideband it will make life easier on you. It'll also let you "black box" log which means you won't have to carry the laptop around with you everywhere just to do some logging. Both work as a full blown scanner/logger.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

You want VCM Suite Pro. Its 2 programs. One is a OBD2 scan tool program and the second is a PCM Editor.
    Editing the PCM is a somewhat confusing, complex deal at first. If you ever wanna tune your WOT performance...Pro makes it easier.

Blue
    1998 Z-28

Well current mods are Long tube hookers, y pipe, flowmaster, 4:11s (For some reason) Kid I bought it from LOL !! cold air, 3200stall, tranny supposedly built. I am going to build a 402 or 408 or 5268 or something lol !! Im a big bottle baby it had a 100 wet shot when I bought it and says its tuned for it. But I want to get in find out what everything is ask around and research what it should be and start from there. I have been running old school carbs and even Alcohol before but no computer was needed !! I want a semi streetable but VERY solid 408 with a healthy cam and maybe a 75 shot out of the hole and have a second stage prgressive to 250. Im sure I will be on here asking a million ?s but I have nothing but time to read and learn and always make little changes and ck it out. OK so going with the Pro thanks for yalls input guys I appreciate it !!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by my10secss View Post
    Well current mods are Long tube hookers, y pipe, flowmaster, 4:11s (For some reason) Kid I bought it from LOL !! cold air, 3200stall, tranny supposedly built. I am going to build a 402 or 408 or 5268 or something lol !! Im a big bottle baby it had a 100 wet shot when I bought it and says its tuned for it. But I want to get in find out what everything is ask around and research what it should be and start from there. I have been running old school carbs and even Alcohol before but no computer was needed !! I want a semi streetable but VERY solid 408 with a healthy cam and maybe a 75 shot out of the hole and have a second stage prgressive to 250. Im sure I will be on here asking a million ?s but I have nothing but time to read and learn and always make little changes and ck it out. OK so going with the Pro thanks for yalls input guys I appreciate it !!
    get with frost on here too....he has some pretty cool stuff for you N2O guys.

Blue
    1998 Z-28

Ok thank u sir I will yeah us BOTTLE BABIES have to stick together !! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information