Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Tuning How too books. Worth it?

Well, I havent been able to go back to my car. But I was wondering if anyone has ever used, or got a chance to take a look over some of those tuning books. I see one used for sale and it sparked my curious mind. Ive heard they are only slightly better then the amost text book definitions the HPT gives you in help. Anyone with a first hand experience with them?

Edit, one too many "O's" in my title. I hate that.
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 03-30-2009 at 03:43 PM.

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

I bought this and it helped me tune my 2000 Trans Am and 2006 GTO. Its well worth the money. Deals directly with HPT.

http://www.pm-fl.com/catalog/product...217375bf900e99
    2010 Camaro
    2006 GTO, LS2, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Why the hell are they so expensive? That pisses me off. They are all 500 bucks. It a damn plastic wire bound book. I wish they werent so damn expensive, I would love to sit and read them. I would love something that got into some detail on these tables. I dont see myself spending 500 bucks on a book though. Cool it helped you! Maybe I can get this used one for cheap, But I doubt it. His asking price for a package deal was way high.

Bright Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Here's the one I use:
    http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Managem.../dp/1932494421

Written by Greg Banish aka eficalibrator on HPTuners site.

He also said in a post the other day:
    Now that my second book is done, I'm going to start putting together a basic guide for tuning the LSx engines using HPTuners. The final format will likely be some form of copy protected DVD that includes a mix of clear step by step instructions, screen shots, and maybe some videos.

The cost will be significantly less than the current "introductory course" options and the content will be the same great Calibrated Success instruction so many have already raved about here. To make it even better, I'm also going to include some much needed injector values for some of the most popular options used today. No more guessing and blind groping in the dark, guys...

I should have this done some time this summer. This DVD material will eventually become the prerequisite for my Advanced GM Tuning class so that I can free up time in that class to get even more in depth on things like "virtual VE" equations, proper ETC tuning, scaling to stay under the 512g/s MAF and injector limits and other more involved topics.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, 9" rear
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    This book by Dan at MASport is good, GM focused, and HPT too: http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...-tuning/Detail
    I just ordered this one, Thanks for the info!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    This book by Dan at MASport is good, GM focused, and HPT too: http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...-tuning/Detail
    Im gonna wait for some more feedback on this one as well as the other one. No effing way im paying 500 bucks for a book. Thats how much I payed for the damned HPTPRO! If it comes down to that I will go bug every tuning shop around me to teach me and Ill pay for the dino tune session. I will be buying one of those two books more then likely. Thanks!

Thread Information