Tuning?????

This is a discussion on Tuning????? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a 2000 WS6 with EGR on it and was wondering if I would have to tune the car ...

Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Tuning?????

I have a 2000 WS6 with EGR on it and was wondering if I would have to tune the car if I ran an LS6 intake with no EGR to keep from kicking a light on.
    Also I live in Central Ohio and was wondering who would be a good person to tune the car.
    Any help with this would be appreciated.
    Thanks, BILL

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Yep, you'll throw a code. I deleted my EGR and AIR when I did my LS6 intake, then went to pcmforless.com and they did my tune and deleted the codes forever (including the worthless rear-bank 0-2 sensor codes). They send you a tuned pcm, you send your core...additional tunes for mods are a great deal after that. Also they got 30+ out of my setup...not bad for hookin a computer up, huh.

Heh, almost forgot...Plug n Wire changes are WAY easy now that the AIR and EGR are gone!!!!

Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Thanks I appreciate it also I am in the Columbus Ohio area and was wondering who can dyno tune the car.

The Mudkat
    "The good Lord sez he can get me outta this, but he sez he's pretty sure you're *****d!"

white
    2000 SS Convertible

Unless you got hardcore internal mods, spray or forced intake on your ride, a dyno will only really get you 5-7 hp. A lot to pay for a few extra hp...money better spent elsewhere. Take my word for it, those guys are good!

Thread Information