Thread: Tuning 01 Vette

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Tuning 01 Vette

Greetings All,

I have had my Vette for almost a week now and I'm happy with it's performance or at least I thought I was until Brent formerly with LPE went for a ride in my car. Brent used to do all the Tuning on the LSX's at LPE. He said it could Pull much harder than it does. He said it seems like it's tuned for low octane fuel. He also told me it can come out of that but it would take about 3-4 hours driving time to get the tune back to high octane.

I'm pretty Lucky living where I do and my Shop is right next to Bodies Exhaust. Bodies does most the exhaust on the Cars Lingenfelter Upgrades. While digging through what he had on hand we found a New Set of Stainless Headers. We are removing the Rear Cats, Factory Mufflers. Deleting the rear Cats from the Tune is also going to be done. The Annoying Skip Shift can also be tuned out, that surprised me.

Brent told me Headers, Exhaust and the Tune should gain about 30 rwhp.
    Does that sound right? Anyone else got comments.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

sounds about right to me... I think you'd be happy with the gains you'd get from that.

92 LS1 Lumina A4
    00 Formula WS9

Thanks for the Reply Orion. I was beginning to give up on this place. I was wondering if it's cause it's a Vette? Maybe no ones Tuned a Vette here? I was kinda hoping to hear what mods some guys would be suggesting. I'm not trying to brag about getting a Vette, It has an LS1 in it! Maybe the Corvette Forums?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

nah, there's a few vettes floating around here and my buddy has a 98 c5 heads/cam vette that I've messed with more than a few times. He runs the tr230 cam with home ported heads and a whole mess of other mods to it.
    I would say the single most important thing you can do is sit down and develope a plan for the car and what you want to end up with and then try not to deviate from that plan. After you get the plan then start reading as much as you can on parts selections and balance the parts you want with the parts your wife will let you buy.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Z34LS1 View Post
    Thanks for the Reply Orion. I was beginning to give up on this place. I was wondering if it's cause it's a Vette? Maybe no ones Tuned a Vette here? I was kinda hoping to hear what mods some guys would be suggesting. I'm not trying to brag about getting a Vette, It has an LS1 in it! Maybe the Corvette Forums?

I've tuned more that one or two http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/gallery.htm

Headers, exhaust and tune would bring 25-35rwhp depending on a number of things.

Thread Information