Tune for LS1 in Jeep - Cincinnati

This is a discussion on Tune for LS1 in Jeep - Cincinnati within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hey guys, I bought an 98 LS1 out of a TA. It was an auto. I am putting it in ...

blue
    83 jeep scrambler

Tune for LS1 in Jeep - Cincinnati

Hey guys, I bought an 98 LS1 out of a TA. It was an auto. I am putting it in a jeep scrambler with a sm465 behind it. I am new to this motor and am in over my head, but how else will I learn. Anyway, I know I need to tune the ecu, but Im not exactly sure what for. Can anyone lend me a hand or point me in the right direction?

Wow small world. I did an LT1/4L60E in my 82 Scrambler. I went with Howell Management systems for the retrofit kit. It made it easy, with a custom made harness labeled with factory weather pack connectors, and it came with an F-body computer that already had their custom tune done according to the engine specs I had,,,,and I must say it's been absolutely flawless and the tune is nearly spot on. Makes the swap a breeze. Fresh motor fired right up on the first hit of the key. I couldn't be more happy with it. They even did a speed density tune for me so I didn't have to fiddle with trying to fit the MAF sensor in the air intake track,,,,as things were getting tight.

If you are trying to use an existing Fbody harness and computer, things will be tough trying to sort out wiring you won't need and stuff, and to be honest I don't like the idea of a hacked up used harness,,,but I guess it comes down to what you can afford. The retrofit custom harness (everything new) and an Fbody computer with a custom tune was around $800 but well worth it to me.
    If you want a custom tune with your existing parts here in the Cinci area where I am from,,,the only person off the top of my head I can think of is
    Daves Total Performance. Do a google and it should come up. He is off of Route 50 exit about 1 mile east of I-275, very easy to find, and a pretty nice guy. I believe he does custom tunes for around $150.

Here is a pic of mine. Cheers. Larry.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-10-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Black
    99 SS

i thought Dave just got arrested the other day??? correct me if im wrong?

Hmmm, I haven't heard that. Guess I could swing in the shop and see whats up. Are we talking about the same Dave? What happened?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Might want to check with Bill ( goes by Billiumss on the local board www.cofba.org). His website. customLS1tuning. I would at least get in touch with him and he can steer you in a direction possibly.

blue
    83 jeep scrambler

Cool, Thanks guys. I also called out to Bishoff racing in Lawrenceburg and they can tune as well.
    Last edited by cjcrazy8; 05-30-2007 at 05:22 AM.

That wouldn't be a bad idea either. He builds some killer engines and has a dyno facility as well.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

that dave might be a killer

Thread Information