Blue
    1971 C-10

Transmission shift problems

I purchased a Chevy c-10 that has an LS1 from a 99 camaro along with a 4L60E transmission. I'm not sure if the tranny is bad or if the tune is bad. The transmission seems to delay or actually let the motor rev before it shifts. It's like it gets ready to shift then revs about 500 rpm more and finally shifts. Not sure who or how it is tuned. The back of the PCM is marked 99 Camaro, 373 gears 30" rear tire, which would be correct. Do I need to be looking for a new transmission or re-tune?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would start with the basics. Did you check the fluid level?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Blue
    1971 C-10

All the basics have been checked.........and yes, the fluid level is correct.

Build.....Undecided
    1987 S10 Blazer

Having the same issue. 99 camaro LS1/4L60E into a 87 S10 Blazer. 1st to 2nd firm shift, 2nd to 3rd normal, 3rd to 4th engine picks up 400-600 rpm sluggishly goes into 4th..... 5-10 seconds later picks up 400-600 rpm downshifts to 3rd and repeats regardless of the speed( as long as it is fast enough to be in 4th). Checked the fluid, still happened. Filled the fluid to the max maybe a little over... still happened. Drained and dropped the pan, nothing in the pan alarming, all solenoids and ect. in tight and nothing seemed to be clogged or misplaced, still did it. Pulled the tranny and took it to a shop to be looked at, Shop looked at the same thing i did and agreed that everything looked ok. I have an OBDII port wired in and i am not throwing any codes. Shop said to re-install the trans and drive it to his shop and he would hook his computer up then go for a drive.
    He said unless he has the computer hooked up he really can't tell much other than general condition. With the computer he can see everything from load vs lockup, TPS signals, Misfires in excess of allowance( read a thread where that was happening and it would cause the converter to unlock), VSS signals, solenoids actuating, pressures and the whole nine. So I am doing just that. More than likely it is the tune from where i am standing, but who knows. Without a bunch of throwing parts at it and hoping, i would say to have it analyzed to find the culprit(s). If you find anything out let me know, i will as well.

Thread Information