Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Transmission Settings

This is a discussion on Transmission Settings within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Interested as well....

  1. #21
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Interested as well.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Adding to the original question: What changes, if any, should be considered if I upgrade to an aftermarket transmission (that is capable of handling whatever I push through it) together with the addition of a higher stall converter? I assume torque management can be deleted at that time.

  3. #23
    Member LSXZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    On the dyno tuning in MD
    Posts
    162

    Black
    99 Silverado

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Adding to the original question: What changes, if any, should be considered if I upgrade to an aftermarket transmission (that is capable of handling whatever I push through it) together with the addition of a higher stall converter? I assume torque management can be deleted at that time.
    Yes, at that point, you would want to delete all torque management... you should NOT change the shift pressures from stock as an aftermarket trans will have a shift kit that raises the pressure internally. I zeroed out the shift times with mine (Transgo shift kit in it)...

    The biggest changes will be to the shift points (part throttle and WOT) and converter lockup - but those have to be done a little at a time to find what you and the car like (depending on your cam and converter)... The most important thing with changing the shift points/converter lockup is to ensure you don't get overlap - I have a handy excel spreadsheet that I found somewhere in the past that helps greatly with this - if you pm me your email, I can send it to you... you copy and paste your tables in and it graphically shows you that you don't have overlap - very helpful...

    GM EFI Tuner
    2002 Trans Am WS6 - 9.41@143mph, #3675, on pump gas and drag radials - sold

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    10

    Red
    Lumina SS

    New to Auto's, what is WOT?

  5. #25
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by F1carbon View Post
    New to Auto's, what is WOT?
    Wide Open Throttle

  6. #26
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by LSXZ28 View Post
    Yes, at that point, you would want to delete all torque management... you should NOT change the shift pressures from stock as an aftermarket trans will have a shift kit that raises the pressure internally. I zeroed out the shift times with mine (Transgo shift kit in it)...

    The biggest changes will be to the shift points (part throttle and WOT) and converter lockup - but those have to be done a little at a time to find what you and the car like (depending on your cam and converter)... The most important thing with changing the shift points/converter lockup is to ensure you don't get overlap - I have a handy excel spreadsheet that I found somewhere in the past that helps greatly with this - if you pm me your email, I can send it to you... you copy and paste your tables in and it graphically shows you that you don't have overlap - very helpful...

    PM sent. Thank you!

  7. #27
    COTM July '09
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,111

    BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

    When I had my LT1 Camaro I played around with the performance shift table. Had to install a little button to switch between tables. Set up the normal to shift early/etc during city driving and the performance table to hold gears longer/etc. And it worked pretty nice, although I mostly left it in performance mode.lol
    I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

    My Cardomain Site My Fquick site Custom Installs

  8. #28
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy 2-1 View Post
    When I had my LT1 Camaro I played around with the performance shift table. Had to install a little button to switch between tables. Set up the normal to shift early/etc during city driving and the performance table to hold gears longer/etc. And it worked pretty nice, although I mostly left it in performance mode.lol
    You can setup the 98-02 F-body controllers with a single wire to enable the performance mode settings in the tune (or switch back and forth). I do it on big nitrous cars that need to command a lower shift point to hit it before the limiter (VS. their N/A tune). You would call this button and shift strategy "tow/haul" mode if it were a truck...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Why can't I change my settings???
    By architect7 in forum Request and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 04:13 AM
  2. Rpm settings
    By ledesma54 in forum Computer & Tuning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 02:24 PM
  3. Radio Settings
    By snaggeltooth in forum GTO
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 11:38 AM
  4. Alignment Settings???
    By dougcw in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 12:16 AM
  5. Shock settings
    By The Rookie in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2005, 11:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •