Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TOO much advance

This is a discussion on TOO much advance within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; What did you use to verify it was lean? Post it's results, whatever it was....

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

What did you use to verify it was lean? Post it's results, whatever it was.

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    What did you use to verify it was lean? Post it's results, whatever it was.

I did not use anything to verify it was lean AGAIN. It does the same thing over and over, new MAF or old. I saw it lean across the board on the dyno sat.The new MAF did not change a thing.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

So you have no wideband then you have no valid test... You can't know that it does the same thing with either, you aren't logging output frequency vs. RPM @ WOT or even AFR vs. RPM. I've never even replaced a stock MAF with ANOTHER stock MAF and had exactly the same results... If I have misunderstood what you are saying I am sorry.

Listening for knock doesn't count, I'm sorry; some cars are just sensitive or need the OEM timing modified to fit them better. Some cars knock on the OE tune.

Are you sure that PCM has not been 'tuned' previously?

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    So you have no wideband then you have no valid test... You can't know that it does the same thing with either, you aren't logging output frequency vs. RPM @ WOT or even AFR vs. RPM. I've never even replaced a stock MAF with ANOTHER stock MAF and had exactly the same results... If I have misunderstood what you are saying I am sorry.

Listening for knock doesn't count, I'm sorry; some cars are just sensitive or need the OEM timing modified to fit them better. Some cars knock on the OE tune.

Are you sure that PCM has not been 'tuned' previously?

Are you sure that PCM has not been 'tuned' previously?[/QUOTE]

Well thats the real question? (Got the car new.) Like i said a few years ago i put the LT's on it with O2 sims and egr delete. So i took it in to get those codes removed so it would not get the check eng light on anymore. The guy that did it COULD? have changed some things thinking he knew what he was doing. Well that place CLOSED 2 years ago.( i wonder why now). If i send in my computer can you see what the settings are before its tuned? thanks so much bro.

I've never even replaced a stock MAF with ANOTHER stock MAF and had exactly the same results...

I know its crazy.... Im starting to think that it needed a new MAF, but that was not the problem. Possible pe-tune i did not know about by some douche...lol
    Last edited by mynumber1hater; 05-27-2009 at 02:13 PM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I can look at it, but there is still an item to check on the car; the fuel pressure. You can get/use a cheap mechanical gauge that can hook right into the fuel rail. Test pressure at idle, cruise, and WOT (skip WOT if idle/cruise look low). Your rail pressure should be 57-59psi at idle and will drop a bit at WOT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information