Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

"Street Tune" Question.. Need answer quick!

Hey guys.. I have a 00 t/a with full exhaust including long tubes.. and a lid. Well the performance shop down the street from my house is Quality Custom Racing, the guy that owns it is Sam Stevenson and he is known around here for LS1 car's and only deals in LS1 cars... Well I am taking my car to him to have him do his "tune" on it with the air fuel's and stuff... Well he was talking if I already had my 02 bung... What is he talking about? Is this something I need to get? I don't have any rear oxygen sensors, I have 2 fronts.. No cats, No EGR, No Air pump system... Last time I took him my car he deleted all my PO Codes so I don't have a SES light... Well my question is can I get a detailed description about the 02 Bung he was talking about?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Why dont you contact him directly and ask him? An 02 bung is Where your 02 sensors screw into on your Lt's. Maybe he was askin if you have a wideband?
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    Why dont you contact him directly and ask him? An 02 bung is Where your 02 sensors screw into on your Lt's. Maybe he was askin if you have a wideband?
    J
    Well I did talk to him about it and he was talking about a couple of rubber plugs right where the passengers in the backseat feet go... he said its easy to just hook up through there since there is already holes... he said we can just tape all your wires up and tuck them there and you wouldn't know they were there... So at that point I was just confused and told him "Okay"... He is going to tune it on LS1 edit I think because its not a dyno tune.. Does anyone know what he is talking about?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

what he is getting at is if you have an o2 bung in the exhaust somewhere, so he can install his wideband to tune with. the o2 bung is that thing where the o2s screw into. do you still have the rears in? or when you did your exhaust, remove them?

also, the rubber plugs are the under the carpet. GM put these in, so you can drain the car out of water when it gets filled up. say from leaviong a window open and water filling up where your feet go.

this is what he's getting at. back when i had an electric cutout, i used the rubber grommet hole to run the wires

Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    what he is getting at is if you have an o2 bung in the exhaust somewhere, so he can install his wideband to tune with. the o2 bung is that thing where the o2s screw into. do you still have the rears in? or when you did your exhaust, remove them?

also, the rubber plugs are the under the carpet. GM put these in, so you can drain the car out of water when it gets filled up. say from leaviong a window open and water filling up where your feet go.

this is what he's getting at. back when i had an electric cutout, i used the rubber grommet hole to run the wires

Click for full size
    Yes--asking if you have an 02 bung to install the wideband 02 sensor in to do a more accurate tune--it needs to be Pre-cat--as close to the collector as possible--as if you can above the "3 & 9 o'clock positions--He can do a narrow band tune with your narrow band stock 02's but it's nowwhere near as accurate and he'll have to error on the side of rich to be safe--and its won't be the optimum---

Thread Information