Primer Black
    1994 Supra

Stock or aftermarket ECM

In my process of swapping my LS1 into my supra. I'm curious to which i should get. A stock ECU from a corvette or a standalone unit such as an AEM ECU? which is recommended when doing swaps into non GM vehicles?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

well, if you can get the entire harness from the donor car of the engine, get the PCM with it. stock PCM is plenty to deal with. no need for an aftermarket PCM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

ls1 in a supra? thats going to be an interesting car. if u can get some pics up
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I don't know of anyone using the AEM platform for LSx vehicles; do they even have one?

OMGls1jz
    cool man i own a supra myself, what gen is yours? as for your question, with my experience the stock GM ecm is pretty much like a standalone already compared to imports. all you have to do is get a tunning program like hp tuners or efi live, etc. then the ecm will work just like a aem ems. you should post up some pics, i've seen some threads about these swaps on SF and SM but never seen a finished project. i would like to see it
    Last edited by OMGls1jz; 11-18-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Primer Black
    1994 Supra

94 or 4th gen if thats all you wanted to know lol.. it's a targa i was looking for a hardtop but apparently those are rare to come by atleast in the US.. yeah i've actually going by some info off of a guys website who swapped an ls7 in his.. it's extremely detailed what i was surprised with is the very little fabrication needed for the swap i'll definately get some pictures up i figured that would be the first question i got when i signed up.. i bought a disposable digital camera to get some pictures up

OMGls1jz
    cool man, im guessing that your supra was a n/a and that is why you are swaping a lsx into it? or did it use to be 2jz but you want to be different?

Thread Information