Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

something is terribly wrong with my car

my car was setting off the ses light for multiple misfire on multiple cylinders, and primary ignition coil 'e', so i took it to a friends shop, ran the scanner, it showed cyl 2 and 7 with a lot of misfires, so he swapped the coil off of on of them and then the misfire moved to 4 and 5. he changed out the plugs with factory replacements, the miss wasnt as noticable. it usually missed after sitting on a cold night, but got a lil worse. i took it home, drove it, and now it is bad, missin like crazy, really rough idle around 350, ses light goes off like crazy, just straigh up somethin bad, please help. the starter sounded like it is going out, grinding. any help would be great. the sooner the better.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by kidA(somedayullnoit) View Post
    my car was setting off the ses light for multiple misfire on multiple cylinders, and primary ignition coil 'e', so i took it to a friends shop, ran the scanner, it showed cyl 2 and 7 with a lot of misfires, so he swapped the coil off of on of them and then the misfire moved to 4 and 5. he changed out the plugs with factory replacements, the miss wasnt as noticable. it usually missed after sitting on a cold night, but got a lil worse. i took it home, drove it, and now it is bad, missin like crazy, really rough idle around 350, ses light goes off like crazy, just straigh up somethin bad, please help. the starter sounded like it is going out, grinding. any help would be great. the sooner the better.
    make sure your plug wires are not melted through by the exhuast manifold/headers... i've seen this happen a lot... i took a car for a test drive that was driving like shit... i got back and popped the hood open and seen spark arking to the headers (it was during the night... not sure if you'd see it during the day)...

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

did you replace the offending coils? you said that #2 and #7 was misfiring and he moved the coils, which the cylinder misfires moved. kinda suggests those coils are bad.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information