black
    07 z06

snap on scanner ?

i'm updated to 2004 anyone try to fool the scanner? eg. hookup to an 06 and tell the scanner its an 04

You can use generic OBDII of course (unless it’s a CAN vehicle). A few times I have lied the scanner about the year etc, sometimes it works some times it does not. But even if it works think twice about what you are seeing. Might be valid data, might not be.

black
    07 z06

do you know if the c5 c6 codes are the same

Some will be the same, as in all the generic OBDII stuff. I’m sure there will be some differences in the manufacture specific codes between a 04 C5 and a 05 C6. Also the C6 is a CAN vehicle so if you have an MT2500 or a SOLUS you will need the CAN adapter to do anything with a C6. Not sure about the MODUS. For just checking and clearing codes you can use the CAN adapter and your scanner in generic OBDII mode. If you want to see live data beyond the basic O2 sensors etc. then I bet you’ll have to get the 05 updates. Of course Snap-On will bend you over for about $800.00 for that.

black
    07 z06

i have the 2500 or the big red brick.as of yesterday it's upgraded to 05 only cost me 250 snap owed me a favor. while on the truck i ordered the can adaptor and ext. cable he also tried to sell me the modis or solus . i'm retired and my scanner and vantage are okay. i set up the scanner for the 4 o2 sensors and test WOT to see where i'm at. today if i feel like it i'll 'road test' the up grade on my 01 vette . the wait for my 07 z06 is killing me when it comes i'll try the scanner and let you know . the 06 update will be awhile i guess. tank you for the assist

Stick with your 2500, I traded mine in on a Solus and while it does have some nice features it’s so damn slow it drives me nuts.

Wow, a new ZO6.

black
    07 z06

he tried to sell me the sol. he even tried themodis. i also have the vantage ha ha lab scope with the kv mod. snap realy put it to us .i should have got the tech 2. but i still do a little work on other cars . my girlfriend has a bemmer ; ford ranger . by the way the brick is slower now with the update. you can access the lowly jeep and test the wiper switch but not on gms . i will try to look you up if my z ever comes in . i'm at 2100 ish event code .tanks alot

Thread Information