Should I be getting codes

This is a discussion on Should I be getting codes within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I recently completed a head and cam swap on my 2002 vette. I swapped the heads for a set of ...

yellow
    2002 vette

Should I be getting codes

I recently completed a head and cam swap on my 2002 vette. I swapped the heads for a set of 243's with the lightweight valve's. I also put in a new 2002-04 ls6 cam. While it was apart I also put in new ls7 lifters and trays, new pushrods, new valve seals and spring, new oil pump, timing set, all new gaskets, and anything else I needed to complete the job. I also installed Dynatech headers, high flow cats and x-pipe. The car already had a varaam CAI and powerduct along with a Ti catback. Should the car be throwing codes with all this new stuff on it that the computer is not programed for. The only code I had was 0300 and that was either due to the front O2 sensors that I had crossed or the two plug wires I did not have seated on the plugs. I fixed those problems and the car is running flawlessly now, no codes after about 150 miles . I am waiting on a ported throttle body now and will get the car dyno tuned then. Thanks

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

No it shouldn't throw a bunch of codes. Avoid heavy or WOT until tuning; the LS1 calibration carries a lot more timing than the LS6 setup needs and will straight knock at WOT.

yellow
    2002 vette

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    No it shouldn't throw a bunch of codes. Avoid heavy or WOT until tuning; the LS1 calibration carries a lot more timing than the LS6 setup needs and will straight knock at WOT.
    I hope to be giving you a call soon to get it tuned. My Wife is sick at this time which requires me to be home and give her care. Hopefully her condition will improve in the next few weeks and I can get you to put me on your schedule for a dyno tune.

Thread Information