DiPeRRi 99

SES Light Problem

Im getting 2 SES codes, and i was wondering if anyone knew what was setting them off. They are P1133, and P1153. Its says for both codes "Manufacturer Control Fuel/Air Metering". I was getting 8 codes in total, but i installed 02 sims, and that seemed to take care of the cat effeciency and 02 heater circuit codes that were coming up.

I have SLP headers and catback, underpulley, lid and cold air... Anyone have any ideas?

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

My guess would be the fuel pump could be getting weak. Our fuel pumps are not the best because they are in the gas tank and when we get under a 1/4 of gas it puts strain on the pump to get the gas to the engine. Its just a guess cause thats the onlything that has ever happened to my car.

NH Camaro Z28
    I recently had the same code shortly after hollowing out my cats.
    Data Code: p1133
    Coolant Temp: 167 Deg F
    Short Term Fuel Trim 1: -3.1%
    Long Term Fuel Trim 1: 10.2%
    Short Term Fuel Trim 2: 3.1%
    Long Term Fuel Trim: 10.2%
    Engine Speed: 65 MPH
    RPM: 1670
    MAF: 3.32
    MAP: 13.9
    Throttle Angle: 10.6%

Any Sugggestions? MAF Sensor Faulty?

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

its a code for insufficient switching of the o2...exhaust leak possibly near the sensor...has nothing to do with the maf in most cases.

NH Camaro Z28
    This was a suggestion by one of the guys I work with. At Auto Zone, you can get anti-fowler threaded spark plug extensions. It will allow the o2 sensors to heat up enough to get a "reading" thus no code. It may even trick the vehicle thinking that the cats are still there because it's only sniffing the exhaust, not getting the full flow. We're going to try it today. Wish me luck.

tank99_999
    did it work

NH Camaro Z28
    Unfortunately it did not work. I now have the P1153 and P1133 codes. It seems to happen when the vehicle it cold based on the freeze frame data. I checked for leaks and there were none found. Anyone know if O2 sims will correct the condition?

02 sims are for the post cat 02's only, 1133 and 1153 are precat 02 codes.

NH Camaro Z28
    I called over to a Chevy dealership that I do a lot of business with. I found out that the left side O2 sensors are the same (post and pre cat sensors) along with the right side. So, I'm going to switch the O2 sensors front to back and the code should change. i.e good ones in the front, use the sims for the rear. Vehicle is happy.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS.6

I Have the same problem its slow switicing in the pre cat o2's I also have SLP LT's ORY and no cat's O2 simms on the rear I have replaced the o2's and It didnt help? If you find something that works I sure would like to know.

tank99_999
    i herd that you use corvette rear o2 for the front

NH Camaro Z28
    I had the o2 sensors switched front to rear. If one of the sensors was bad, it should throw a different code I would think. After 4 drive cycles, the light came back on- Code p1153. I checked the freeze frame information and I'm still getting odd Short Term Fuel Trim readings. I work at a Subaru Dealer, we had a STI once that kept throwing a rear o2 sensor code. We put in a new rear o2 sensor and the light came back. We installed a MIL eliminator and still the light came back. Per the Subaru Manual, we had to replace the ecm. The light has been out since the ecm has been replaced. Granted I know these are different animals, but I can't figure out why the Short term fuel trim keeps acting oddly. Any suggestions?

NH Camaro Z28
    After consulting with one of the tech at my work, he figures that the front O2 sensors are not heating up enough to get a correct reading or the fuel trim os going too far out of range for the computers liking. Anyone know a good programmer then?

tank99_999
    can a programmer make the 02 get hotter

NH Camaro Z28
    It can't make it hotter, but it may allow for greater fuel trim range. I'm not getting a lean or rich code. My chip may have something to do with the light. The chip may be allowing a greater fuel range that the ecu does not like. My car runs great, just having the light come on is a pain in the back side. I haven't had a P0420 Cat inefficiency code which may be chip related as well. Although we work only on Subarus here, my techs out back cannot find any reason the light would come on based on what their monitors show for A/F ratios. Anyone have their ecm reprogrammed?

NH Camaro Z28
    Hey guys. Something odd happened. Now since it's about 40 degrees out on a regular basis now, my SES light went out for my p1153 and my p1133 codes. Odd huh?

Chameleon
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I have the same P1153 code. Do you thing an engine tune will help? Can I delete my rear cats from the computer and get rid of the problem? I also have O2 sims in the rear and tried replacing them with no luck as well.

Thread Information