Recent predator install, Fuck*d motor?

This is a discussion on Recent predator install, Fuck*d motor? within the Computer & Tuning forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; okay i recently just installed my predator and so far so good, except last night i was messin around with ...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Unhappy Recent predator install, Fuck*d motor?

okay i recently just installed my predator and so far so good, except last night i was messin around with this c5 on 20's anyways... i reved at him and normally when i hit the limiter it makes the same noise as always but this time it made a really funny noise like the normal noise fastforwarded, i dont know if this makes sense it was just quicker and it sounded like the noise came from the engine rather than the exhaust, then my car suddenly started to bog down and start shaking really bad, i thought i had bent a push rod or something but just let off the gas, then slowly started to accelerate and problem went away???

im really worried about this, this is the first time i had hit the limiter since the programmer so i am wondering if this is normal?

any help would be great thanks so much.
    oh the car is a a4 with 135.000

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Number 1 you shouldnt be reving it to the freakin rev limiter. Number 2 the Predator tune doesnt change the rev limiter unless you change it yourself. It could be becuase of the timing and fuel Change but honestly i end up hitting mine once in a while when racing and dont have an issue with the tune. Make sure your running good fuel!

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

could it be the knock sensor?

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    could it be the knock sensor?
    If hes running bad fuel, Hell yeah.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

could runnig 89 octane fuel fuck up a knock sensor?

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

i wouldnt run with anything lower than 91 in our cars, especially if u have a tune. If i buy cheap gas even if its 91 my car doesnt run wright. kinda sputters under high rpms.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

okay thanks guys, i use 91 ALWAYS, and never arco, chevron mostly and shell, so heres my question, how could retarded timing or fuel change the pitch of the limiter,i understand that it probably loaded up with fuel and thats why it bogged down for a second, that makes sense, thats not normal due to efi, but as of now the car runs fine, i kinda wanna rev it up there again just to see what will happen, and reving your car to the limiter isnt "good" but thats what its there for, i have been doing this since i bought the car, i know your gonna say that its terrible, and your probably right but it sounds so sick! lol, i bet the worst thing would happen is bend a push rod, and i didnt raise my limiter i actually lowered it, i wonder huh could this have been it?

Red
    2000 Trans Am

its there to keep you from fucking up the motor, its not there for you to rev it that high as many times as you want. The performance Tune for our cars is techniqlly a 93 octane tune...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

im with you on that! its not good, and im not gonna do it anymore after that, and i wish i could buy 93, the highest pump gas out here in so cal is 91, even the recomended octane for a stock ls1 is 92! so yeagh, but ive looked at the tuner and my car doest knock or ping, or says the computer! i dont here anything thou.

well see next week im putting in a zo6 cam and springs, does anyone know how much power this will add? llike 25 hp?

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

your probably going to want to put a slightly bigger cam in the future..but ..the z06 is just one of those cams that wont hurt highway nor low end torque..imo....good choice though

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    im with you on that! its not good, and im not gonna do it anymore after that, and i wish i could buy 93, the highest pump gas out here in so cal is 91, even the recomended octane for a stock ls1 is 92! so yeagh, but ive looked at the tuner and my car doest knock or ping, or says the computer! i dont here anything thou.

well see next week im putting in a zo6 cam and springs, does anyone know how much power this will add? llike 25 hp?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah, well besides getting it with springs shipped for 135, i think it would be a suttle upgrade with no driveability issues or smog issues, im just looking for 20 horse and a 6500 rpm redline, im gonna have to put in hardned pushrods for that thou but worth it while im already there, im thinking to go with some 1.8 rockers as well, just to get a little more outta the cam, i think with all that i can pick up a stout 30 hp to the wheels,? what you guys think?

Thread Information