Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Real Time Tuning Talk

Alright guys, those of you that have HPTuners, a wideband and have either attempted to tune (me) or have tuned yourselves... Do you have any experience with Real Time Tuning? I just discovered this neat feature, after reading about it for quite some time. I just got tuned in Speed Density by Frost. I think thats my problem I started to RTT, with the VE/spark/PE... and I couldnt really do anything because the tune is spot on. Frost knows his HPT guys and gals.

Anyways, I started to tinker around with it. Just for the hell of it. I literally only did 10 minutes. Just because with the credits I just spent it gives me the capabilty Who has done anything with RTT? It seems very useful, and after sifting through countless pages on HPTuner forum, I thought Ide ask. It seems like it would really help a beginner tuner like myself. Strictly because you can see changes happening right then and there. If I didnt have half a brain, I would load my stock file and just try it. But I wont because my tune now is very nice. I want to learn to tune more then I know now, which isnt all that much. Ive thought about going to the tuning school classes and even buying the way expensive books. This RTT thing seems like it would really open your eyes quickly on what changes what and when.

Opinions anyone? Thoughts, experience's(sp?)?

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I've tinkered a little but not much more than you have, getting my tune dialed in decent for my little bolt on car. Look forward to input from others.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I use the MAF enhanced OS very often. I try not to leave Custom OS's on people's cars except when they own software or it is really needed since someone later may not be able to do anything with them (EFI Live or LS1edit tuners).

I use the OS, tune the car, and then move all of the finished tables into their stock file.

RTT is most useful for me for roughing in the VE, followed by spark.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I use the MAF enhanced OS very often. I try not to leave Custom OS's on people's cars except when they own software or it is really needed since someone later may not be able to do anything with them (EFI Live or LS1edit tuners).

I use the OS, tune the car, and then move all of the finished tables into their stock file.

RTT is most useful for me for roughing in the VE, followed by spark.
    Steve, I also for some reason have the credits showing the purchase of the MAF enhanced OS. Along with the 1 bar SD we did. Did that orginal file require credits for both? The credits dont really matter to me at this point. I hope to get alittle more time with RTT, seems like a very nice tool.

The car is running great, Thanks again Steve

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Glad to hear it is!

HPTuner's changed their licensing and now when you license 1 OS for your PCM you get access/useage of ALL of them for no additional credits.

Kinda nice.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Glad to hear it is!

HPTuner's changed their licensing and now when you license 1 OS for your PCM you get access/useage of ALL of them for no additional credits.

Kinda nice.
    Hmm, that is nice! Maybe I didnt get charged the additional 2 credits then.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

plug the cable into your laptop, open the editor, goto help>license info. At the top left of the window that comes up, click on HP and it will poll your cable for license info. After that, scroll down to see your used/available credits.

LS1.com Sponsor

silver
    94 silv

I use RTT anytime I can, Pre '05. It's very handy and allows you to make changes on the fly without shutting the vehicle down, loading in the software, etc.
    The 2/3bar RRT is great for boosted applications, saves a ton of time!

There is one bug I've found, I only tune 20/30 mins with RTT, then I upload the changes, then start again. Not sure what it is, but the PCM can act funky if you go too long, in some cases.

Gold
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I plan on playing with the RTT as soon as I put my cam in the car...

Token V6 Guy

Silver
    2000 Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    There is one bug I've found, I only tune 20/30 mins with RTT, then I upload the changes, then start again. Not sure what it is, but the PCM can act funky if you go too long, in some cases.
    Could you send support an email with more details regarding this, you are the first person to mention an issue so I'd like to look into it further.

Thread Information