JungleJim

Question Real knowledge test on computers....

Okay gentlemen. Everybody here is interested in performance. There is mucho discussion on computer tuning...methods...products...dynos...best shop for tuning...etc.

What I want to know...is all the OTHER stuff that funky little processor is messing with. The little things like...when ya touch the brake pedal on a 2002 F body...is the computer sending a signal to the tranny to downshift...if ya have your foot on the brake and the gas...does it let the rear pads slide.
    I have a nifty little line item listed by GM discussing computer control of the rear gas shocks...

Does anybody know of a link...document etc...that actually tells ya about the computer LOGIC DIAGRAMS that GM used to program these electronic toys we are playing with. I am a Controls System Designer...ie: we design the computer systems that control petrochemical refineries, plants etc...
    There is a lot more to what I do than meets the eye...and I AM SURE that the same applies to the little brains in the F bodies.....

Bombguy99Z28
    haha... probably ought to try the other board for answers to that...

JungleJim
    What other board is there? More knowledge base here than anywhere else...

Maybe my tone sounded wrong. I want to go fast too. Yes, my LS1 F-body (stock) has been tuned on the dyno...307 rwhp with 93k miles..still pretty peppy for a bunch of miles... But anybody can buy one...not everybody can drive one...and to drive it to the fullest, ya gotta know what it is gonna do. I wanna find out what all that machine is considering as choices as I go down the road...

ANYBODY really know....?

redls1bird
    ls1tech, or maybe the boards for the tuner you have i.e hptuners or efilive (both have alot of good info floating outthere, just need to take the time to scroll through it all.)

Thread Information